Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Thai Red Curry for me last night.

Fried up grated ginger with some Quorn pieces, sliced mushrooms and one sliced red pepper, added one tin of coconut milk and a small tin of bamboo shoots. Stirred in 2 tsp of red curry paste, added 2 lime leaves and let it all simmer for about 10 mins.
    Dash of lime juice to finish, and salt.

I had the leftovers for lunch today, and it was still dead nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Last night i made yummy stuff...

Mashed spud, bit a garlic, Butter & Steamed Curly Kale - mash them up.
    Quorn Rashers
    White sauce....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: oh i wish i left a bit for today....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh I'd love that, and I love your name.

Husband's birthday yesterday, so I made a big dinner. Roast potatoes, peas, veggie gravy, and Quorn mince with mushrooms and carrots and herbs rolled into puff pastry and baked ... yumm.

I think I might make something similar again for christmas. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Pizza with goat's cheese. red pepper and caramelised onions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

govindas and later on vegetable pizzas!

govindas again, I could not tackle the large plate even though I ate nothing all day before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

+1 and it wasnt great :( first time iv ever said that bout govindas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Made cottage pie with quorn mince, it was delicious but took too damn long to make, friend convinced me it'd need to be in the oven for an hour before I could put potato on it. She was wrong :P Then didn't have enough potato!!! AGH.

Tomorrow I'm just microwaving something :P

Hmm, had a chinese dish, tofu and mixes veg in some sort of gravy thing, mm.

• Advertisement

Hmm, had a chinese dish, tofu and mixes veg in some sort of gravy thing, mm.

Me too. Veg Kung pao. Will I die if my insides burst. ~droolz~

Home-made pizza... and leftovers today for lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Had yummmmmmmmmy stuff:

Quorn fillet 'chicken' Supreme.
    Stuck in Garlic, onion, red/orange/yellow pepper, peas pois ( ;) )

served with mash.... :eek: oh yum.
    oh yum.

almost ate the pattern on my plate also....:D

maameeo wrote: »
    +1 and it wasnt great :( first time iv ever said that bout govindas!!

I'm telling you, I brought the sister there a couple of weeks back.
    And we felt rough after.

We had butternut squash risotto today.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

colcannon, peas, green beans, carrots and some lential burger thingy

it was delish - i nearly licked the plate :)

last night we had....

gone off eggs, fried
    Quorn rashers, fried
    and Quorn sausage rolls, not so fried

surprisingly tasty meal, what a chef!

maameeo wrote: »

gone off eggs, fried

:( My dad ended up with the gp recently, after eating gone eggs that he was too macho to throw out.
    So not a good idea! to mess with use by dates.

I have such a colcannon craving now Irishbird. Nyom nyom!

The eggs were great, I can hide their goneoffness, I'm a great chef.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So last night i had a lovely falafel at around 4am for dinner...yum lol:D

ummm falafal!! want!

i survived the eggs, i wont be goin near them again, thanks moonbaby! cant say the same for tar, hes got a 'waste not want not' view on food!

• Advertisement

frying up a potato..onions, garlic, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, peas, corn and various beans! I loveeee fooooooood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Quorn nuggets, beans + lots of chocolate ice cream :-)

Falafel, hummous and salad.

I'm branching out into the big bad world of quorn this week.
    They have burgers for 75 cent in Tesco. Wish me luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've recently turned more veggie. I'm not a vegetarian but recently my OH and myself decided not to buy and cook meat anymore but that if we were eating out or were at a friend's house then we would not be strict on it. I like the idea of being a vegetarian but I'm not ready to make a huge leap! Eggs and dairy are fine, it's just the meat so my cooking for the next while is going to be meatless!

Last night I made falafel, hummous with pitta.

Tonight I'm making a sticky onion and cheddar quiche with a mango salad. Just need to get my arse off the couch!

Update: Tart was really delicious and I happened to have frozen some pastry last time I made some which I'd forgotten about - so it didn't actually take too long. Double yay!

Sounds yummy. Hummous though, one day I'll like it, I'm sure I will!

Sounds yummy. Hummous though, one day I'll like it, I'm sure I will!

Hummus = awesome. I can't get enough of it. I've made my own before too but tahini is quite hard to come by so I haven't done it in a while.

I had basil pesto hummous yesterday which was like pesto but creamy and had chickpeas in it and it was really nice too. Maybe you could try that to get in to hummous?

Oh might try that, I loveeeeee chickpeas, can't get enough these days, and basil!

I just have to try things for years to like them...same with me and all vegetables. If somebody told me what I am eating noew a few years ago I'd laugh in their face. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kevin JM

This is a very inspiring thread guys. Humous is indeed really awesome.

This mild Mixed beans (Red Kidney, White beans) and Aubergine curry is what I had last night. I made the curry sauce from scratch. I was very happy with how it turned out :) :

n1668552474_141199_3720760.jpg

n1668552474_141225_1148500.jpg

I wanted to try it with chickpea but I did not have any at home and was too lazy to go to Tesco :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Walnuts, Cashel Blue cheese, roast beetroots and sliced apples salad with a baked potato. Forgot how nice Cashel Blue is, may have eaten a bit too much :D

Advertisement