Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Hotaru wrote: »
    Cod and sweet potato wedges om nom nom.

Soooo addicted to sweet potato wedges now >.>

Sweet potato wedges?! How have I not heard of these before?!
    How have they not even occured to me. Wow...that's it, I'm gonna make some...if only we had sweet potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

All I had here was sweet potatoes and carrots so I made soup and chucked in the remainders of a packet of pasta into it to make it kinda fancy like :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

I had barbecue tempeh with curly kale cooked and then tossed in sesame oil :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I saw it tempting you on your facebook lsat night and had many the lols. Any good are they there?

Not bad, bit greasy like. Still though, veggie burger with tomatoes lettuce and onions, chips and a can for €5.50 so pretty good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

My stalker is a pescetarian, my stalking knowledge has increased!

DAMN.
    I want to give up fish sometime aswell but not right now. Fish and eggs are pretty much the only non-vegan things I eat at the moment.
    Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Sweet potato wedges?! How have I not heard of these before?!
    How have they not even occured to me. Wow...that's it, I'm gonna make some...if only we had sweet potatoes.

They're SO good. Just cut the sweet potato into wedges and brush with a little olive oil - 20-25 mins in the oven and hey presto! I usually flavour them with some black pepper and herbs. They're all soft and yummy - MUCH better than normal potato wedges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Lentil and cheese bake. Doesn't sound great but I discovered it's very easy to make and comes out as a sort of quiche and you can add LOADS of delicious things into it and make it different every time.

Hotaru wrote: »
    DAMN.
    I want to give up fish sometime aswell but not right now. Fish and eggs are pretty much the only non-vegan things I eat at the moment.

They're SO good. Just cut the sweet potato into wedges and brush with a little olive oil - 20-25 mins in the oven and hey presto! I usually flavour them with some black pepper and herbs. They're all soft and yummy - MUCH better than normal potato wedges.

Cumin and cinammon are other things which go very very well with sweet potatoes. Also any stew which involves chickpeas and/or sweetcorn.

We had a very successful ****pot today, risotto with lemon, garlic, onion, basil, parsley and bouillon and a vegetable stew (two tins tomatoes and kidney beans, sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, spinach, ginger, coriander, chilli, mushrooms, veg stock). Enough for three people even accounting for the fact that one of those people is raah

edit: damn swear filter, ****pot rhymes with luckpot not ditpot

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lmao at the rhyming, i thought it was shitpot!

WHya ren't ypu cooking for me, that sounds amazing! nomnomnom

Said it before and I'll say it again, come to Cark and I'll cook you silly!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thing is I don't want to be cooked by you! I'd rather eat you..r food.

I think I shall after your exams or evilly during :pac:

• Advertisement

You don't know where I live :D

I am suave and charming and know how to get raah to spill :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

IMG_0003.jpg

Most yummiest roast potatoes in the world <3

IMG_0001.jpg

Chili, very, very hot chili!

Nicest dinner ever :)

God whoever cooked that must be a bit of a legend *whistle*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

God whoever cooked that must be a bit of a legend *whistle*

Awh, thank you! :P

but but...khannnnnn

you win this round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

A veggie kiev and cucumber and mushroooooms.

Brocolli, carrots, onion, corn, peas, potatoes,mixed beans, sunflower seeds. Water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Darmstrong

Novella wrote: »
    IMG_0003.jpg

Most yummiest roast potatoes in the world <3

IMG_0001.jpg

Chili, very, very hot chili!

Nicest dinner ever :)

Tar, Nov, can we agree to do this again when i finish the exams.
    Tar come over again for a cooking Marathon?

Would love to, when you done?

I can bring my potato cooking gloves.

• Advertisement

Would love to, when you done?

I can bring my potato cooking gloves.

Dinner tomorrow?

Um sure, i'll eat for anybody hehe, if I can find your place. I'm a bit hopeless unless the street is on monopoly :D

Um sure, i'll eat for anybody hehe, if I can find your place. I'm a bit hopeless unless the street is on monopoly :D

Haha text *cough*, not safe to give directions online,
    Staaaaaaaaaaaaaalkers are online!

Yeah but it's ok, the stalker is talking to you.
    Will do...is this the part where I text Sarah and she is like, uh...is Dar inviting you to my house without telling me :p

Yeah but it's ok, the stalker is talking to you.
    Will do...is this the part where I text Sarah and she is like, uh...is Dar inviting you to my house without telling me :p

Hahahahaha no, she knows...... i think :P
    Sure surprise her :]

P.s who's "" :P

When I awaken I'll be like....grabbing phone eyes closed....texting fooooooooooooooooood. :D

Eh you used her real name first, na na na na na

When I awaken I'll be like....grabbing phone eyes closed....texting fooooooooooooooooood. :D

Eh you used her real name first, na na na na na

Oh i mean the one from not on boards...
    *shifty eyes*
    *edits post*

Yeah come over again, bring your laptop, this whole 1 charger thing is stupid

haha, well she said to use her name anyway as she finds it weird if people say her boardsie one.

My laptops charger is broken atm, I'm working on getting a new one :/

haha, well she said to use her name anyway as she finds it weird if people say her boardsie one.

My laptops charger is broken atm, I'm working on getting a new one :/

Ah you can use mine (i'll have to play with my new RABBIT for a while) so you can use mine... need a charger though

• Advertisement

zomg you got your rabbit, deadleh! Can't wait to eat it! Er use the mac and make it talk in that whisper voice.

Advertisement