Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The vegged up 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I had 2 eggs this morning and toast and soya butter and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Nuts are good! I still have to find one that makes vegetables I like, my friends family had one in galway so I would always get free food and they would make me dishes not on the menu to try and make me like it, bless em.

I got a craving in the middle of the night, it was so amazing....can she cook more please! The cheese encrusted pasta layer..omfg

I can show you where she lives on google maps, not that I have thought about it or anything(1hr 59min walk)

i liked that the pasta was crunchy, stephen said it wasnt cooked properly, yea right!
    nom nom

and ehhhhh stalker much?

agreed, I'm getting this much freaked out now.

And see yesterdays description for what I had for today's dinner :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    i liked that the pasta was crunchy, stephen said it wasnt cooked properly, yea right!
    nom nom

and ehhhhh stalker much?
    It was pasta I actually liked for once, you know my hate for it...but it was sooo good...lets get alicia cooking more!

Stalking would be the maps drawn on the blackboard in my bedroom or knowing things like 9.9 kilometres or any such things that I don't know about, because I haven't done.
    --LOS-- wrote: »
    agreed, I'm getting this much freaked out now.

And see yesterdays description for what I had for today's dinner :pac:

Great, there's loads more sizes you can use before the cops one!

I need to eat now...not had breakfast :eek:

eat some of them chicken slices in the fridge (the open packet!!)
    ill never get through them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

YUS!!!!!!!! Oh we should try and just make coddle with them and sausages etc instead...we'll need a big pot though hmmm. Maybe the lasagna one would do...

go make it! nom nom

oooh also went for chinese in hen ken in clontarf fri night and they had vegetable dumplings and tofu, was yum!
    but the tofu comes with oyster sauce had to ask for none. strange coz it was vegetarian menu :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Thats because they suck haha!

My dinner today was this...

....yes I had nothing for dinner today as I didnt bother with it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I'm goin through a mad sammich faze lol Yesterday I had a smoked tofu and cheezly sarnie with egg free mayo. T'was freakin awesome! I'm a veggie but I love vegan food:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I had a toasted cheese sandwich with beetroot! I loooove beetroot so much <3 And a Capri Sun, followed by an ice pop. Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

Ohh I love beetroot too. Had some today:)

I had noodles with stir-fry veg in a tomato sauce, or something, not too sure, house-mates leftovers :pac:
    All I know is that it was good!

scareydoll wrote: »
    Ohh I love beetroot too. Had some today:)

I tried to have some today, but I couldn't open the jar :( /cries

Novella wrote: »

Run the lid under hot water, don't crack the glass! Actually just crack the glass if that doesn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Or just like...send me a text and ask me since I live maybe a 5 min walk from you? (Dublin address ofc):)

Run the lid under hot water, don't crack the glass! Actually just crack the glass if that doesn't work!

I eventually managed to make a hole in the lid :pac:
    Or just like...send me a text and ask me since I live maybe a 5 min walk from you? (Dublin address ofc):)

Haha next time I find myself in a situation where something yummy is trapped in a jar, the first thing I will do is call you! :)

I eventually managed to make a hole in the lid :pac:

haha! We didn't have a tin opener here for agggggessss and you would be scared if you walked in on me trying to stab a tin opened :pac:

haha! We didn't have a tin opener here for agggggessss and you would be scared if you walked in on me trying to stab a tin opened :pac:

Has happened to me soooo many times! Trying to open tins with a corkscrew or just repeatedly stabbing over and over with a really sharp knife, or bashing it off the counter! I bought a tin opener after a few months, it was all getting a bit out of hand and dangerous! :pac:

I went with angry knife stabbing myself, took me a long time to buy a new tin-opener too, seem to have gotten through so many in this house, occasionally I still stab them open for the kicks :pac:

• Advertisement

Lol! girls! lol! I'll admit opening jars for people makes me feel good haha. I love when they grudgingly give up too.

I am a divil for the stabbing of tinned goods...bit too enthusiastic tehre in college canteen when a friend broke his ringpull...he tried stabbing the can for ages, hitting it off stuff. I was jsut like...get out, all of you :pac:
    I showed that ****er of a tin, it was like there was blood all over my hands from teh tomatoey goodness and he enjoyed what was left lol

ye but we just loosened it for you.

Eh it goes anti clockwise. Like your face.

/leaves jars around the house for maameeo to feel better about himself

I know.

righty tighty

lefty loosey

:)

Lol! girls! lol! I'll admit opening jars for people makes me feel good haha. I love when they grudgingly give up too.

I am a divil for the stabbing of tinned goods...bit too enthusiastic tehre in college canteen when a friend broke his ringpull...he tried stabbing the can for ages, hitting it off stuff. I was jsut like...get out, all of you :pac:
    I showed that ****er of a tin, it was like there was blood all over my hands from teh tomatoey goodness and he enjoyed what was left lol

I hate giving up! I'm like, "This beetroot cannot get the better of me". Although have to admit I did almost cry earlier with frustration and absolute lust! :pac:

I know.

righty tighty

lefty loosey

:)
    DCU are better than I thought
    I hate giving up! I'm like, "This beetroot cannot get the better of me". Although have to admit I did almost cry earlier with frustration and absolute lust! :pac:

Sounds like an evening with me.

I will open all goods, just bring them to me :pac:

Sounds like an evening with me.

I will open all goods, just bring them to me :pac:

LOL! :D

Nah, I'd hate for there to be another awkward situation haha. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Lads, get one of these to open your jars :pac: We actually have one in the apartment, causing much lulz. We also have a blow up doll called Gingy and a Socially Awkward Penguin, so really it's just adding to the oddness :D

On topic, I had some veggie lasagne for dinner yesterday! Twas lovely.

Lads, get one of these to open your jars :pac: We actually have one in the apartment, causing much lulz. We also have a blow up doll called Gingy and a Socially Awkward Penguin, so really it's just adding to the oddness :D

On topic, I had some veggie lasagne for dinner yesterday! Twas lovely.

"Just twist! And tug!" hahahahahahaha, that's hilarious! I want a hand job now! :pac:

On topic, I had a bowl of Fruit n Fibre, so filling! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Noodles with chopped tomatoes, onions, spinach and toasted seeds-pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and what I think were linseeds. Quite nice if I do say so myself.

That tesco pack of spinach is killing me though, it's €1.39 or something for a massive bag, but once you have it you have to use it in everything or else end up throwing loads out, which I hate doing.

Advertisement