Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bifinett (Lidl) Microwave

Options
  • 28-07-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Have some relatives on their 3rd Microwave in the space of 6 months. The other two have been replaced by Bifinett. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues (they seem to be well accustomed to the return and replace routine so I'm guessing its widespread).

Can we insist on money back the next time it happens? Also, does the warranty start off from the beginning again each time they replace?? We don't think they are replacing with totally new units either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No, most places that replace units without testing them are replacing them with refurbs. These units are perfect and as good as a factory model.

Your warranty starts from the day you buy the product regardless of the replacements, but with something like a microwave you could expect it to last 2 years with care so I would expect the the retailer to take responcibility for any manufacturing faults that occur with in 2 years.

Microwaves don't usually give much trouble, what is going are they being replaced for?

Does it have a grill/oven?

6 months after purchase, a refund would would be unlightly but worth a try as long as you have receipt and return the unit and all supplied accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,191 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Have some relatives on their 3rd Microwave in the space of 6 months. The other two have been replaced by Bifinett. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues (they seem to be well accustomed to the return and replace routine so I'm guessing its widespread).

Can we insist on money back the next time it happens? Also, does the warranty start off from the beginning again each time they replace?? We don't think they are replacing with totally new units either...

Repair has to be permanent if 3rd microwave goes you are fully entitled to ask for a refund

I would have persued the refund after the second one going belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 daisy boo boo

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Have some relatives on their 3rd Microwave in the space of 6 months. The other two have been replaced by Bifinett. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues (they seem to be well accustomed to the return and replace routine so I'm guessing its widespread)
    consumer law states that they can repair replace then refund.if the item was faulty within 30 days then you can ask for money back.however after two replacements i think you can look for a refund.i work on a customer service desk.have a look on consumerconnect.ie its very good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the clarification. I've told them to insist on money back if this one packs it in.

Advertisement