Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

smegmar wrote: »
    ahem....

I'm going to hurt you so violently whatever is left will be a scientific anomaly.

I am very much not brunette.

Don't worry Magic Nothing, all those homosapiens look the same to me too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Well you could do what I did and just PM everybody interested your number. I'm not sure about the veggie meetup site, they probably have a PM thing too.
    There's an RSVP system and Colm (Our Glorious Leader) leaves his moby number up on his profile. You just work around that, ime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

We'll see after the trip :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm scared, not falling asleep in my tent now!

I'm scared, not falling asleep in my tent now!

Good I much prefer to see the fear as awareness strikes, in my victims eyes. :D

I'm surprised nobody is complaining of a dose of gingervitis as is.
    Where is Thoushaltnot.....make we got her!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Good I much prefer to see the fear as awareness strikes, in my victims eyes. :D
    !!!!!
    I'm surprised nobody is complaining of a dose of gingervitis as is.
    Where is Thoushaltnot.....make we got her!
    Well I found a hair in my shoe and woke up with one on my face, never been so worried!

PPL are welcome to stay as long as they like (we leave our house open as a countryside retreat to people we know anyway) but yer esp welcome to stay longer if ye want to do a bit of woofing!

woofing, what's that? (refrains - just about - from dogging innuendo :eek:) :pac:

Right, I dun some investigatin' for ye - 2 sites on the 'net purporting to list veggie style accomodation are out of date;
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~vegireland/accomodation.html

http://www.ul.ie/~sextonb/accomm.htm
    (INFECTED WITH A TROJAN - I've notified them but it's still there)

So, veggie guesthouses in Co. Cork; Up to date INTEL

1. Gort-Na-Nain Vegetarian Guesthouse and Organic Farm, Ballyherkin, Nohoval, Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland.
    Contact Lucy Stewart & Ultan Walsh, +353 (0)21 477 0647. www.gortnanain.com. - Rooms available, as of 06/08/09

2. Hagal Holistic Health Farm, Coomleigh West, Bantry, Co. Cork
    hagalhealingfarm at eircom dot net Phone: + 353 (0) 27 66179, b&b €35 pppn, also self catering - rooms availabe as of 06/08/09
    http://hagalholistichealth.com/index.php/component/option,com_jombok/task,doSearch/Itemid,27/method,5/ptype,2/

3. Green Lodge, Trawnamadree, Ballylickey, Bantry, Co. Cork. (027) 66146 Self Catering Vegetarian/Vegan only
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~greenlodge/
    (choice of apartment/bedsit type accomodation - ***discounts for groups***)

Also
    4. Shiplake Mountain Hostel, Dunmanway, Co. Cork. (023) 88 45750 Hostel; was veggie but has been mixed for last year & a half
    (still organic, tho, but no longer member of IOFGA, eco-friendly & self sufficiency ethos)
    BUT Booked up fully for 21st and 22nd Aug

However;
    Ann Watson, Ballinrea, Carrigaline, Co. Cork. (021) 372106 Guest House; member of IOFGA* ?phone disconnected?
    *gone, private residence now - DO NOT CALL*Lettercollum House, Timoleague, Bandon, Co. Cork. (023) 88 46251 Hostel; member of IOFGA*
    Ballymaloe House, Shanagarry, Middleton, Co. Cork. (021) 652531 Guest House ?phone disconnected?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

woofing, what's that? (refrains - just about - from dogging innuendo :eek:) :pac:

where you work on a farm during the day in return for free bed and board

Yeah ... more of a .... Brüno :D

• Advertisement

where you work on a farm during the day in return for free bed and board

Excellent! I'd be interested in working on an organic farm, as part of a 'meitheal' for a week/weekend, as an el cheapo holiday. I just didn't know where to start looking for that sort of information. When are ye busiest?

And yes, my mind is in the sewer....looking up at the stars (except for last night, when I slept through the partial eclipse. Bugger.)

Excellent! I'd be interested in working on an organic farm, as part of a 'meitheal' for a week/weekend, as an el cheapo holiday. I just didn't know where to start looking for that sort of information. When are ye busiest?

And yes, my mind is in the sewer....looking up at the stars (except for last night, when I slept through the partial eclipse. Bugger.)

Right now actually my partner broke his finger with a sledgehammer bout a month ago so the garden has almost completely reverted back to nature since he's been unable to do any work!

Right now actually my partner broke his finger with a sledgehammer bout a month ago so the garden has almost completely reverted back to nature since he's been unable to do any work!

Ughhh I know how you feel. Mine is a disgrace, nobody touched it when I was away on holidays.
    How can weeds grow so much quicker than tasty things. :confused:

Ughhh I know how you feel. Mine is a disgrace, nobody touched it when I was away on holidays.
    How can weeds grow so much quicker than tasty things. :confused:

Lots of weeds are edible. Develop an addiction to Dandelion & Burdock wine, and thats half the battle! ;) I know nettles are super excellent for me iron levels but the only stuff I have access to is close to main roads.
    And they always feel like a bit like eating wool - I really need a good nettle recipe for spring.

Vinegar is a super plant killer tho....if you'r really stuck. Maybe a bit too good, tho.

You a bit of a gardener?

Lots of weeds are edible. Develop an addiction to Dandelion & Burdock wine, and thats half the battle! ;) I know nettles are super excellent for me iron levels but the only stuff I have access to is close to main roads.
    And they always feel like a bit like eating wool - I really need a good nettle recipe for spring.

Vinegar is a super plant killer tho....if you'r really stuck. Maybe a bit too good, tho.

You a bit of a gardener?

Yeah but they are robbing the nutrients from the things I'm actually trying to grow.

When I was growing up, back in ancient Ireland.
    Everybody grew their own veg, had their own milk and eggs, killed their own chickens, baked their own bread.
    So I was living at home this summer, and I though I would get nostigalic.
    I converted part of the garden into a veggie patch.
    It was supposed to be a sneaky way to get my Dad to eat salad and excersise. It is moderately successful. I think a whip and treadmill might work better though :D

Just out of curiousity how many people are planning on comin down fer this so far? Just wondering if I need to borrow a BBQ from the neighbours...

Oh looks very nice and in the middle of nowhere!
    I'm coming I think! Few others said so too, one has to get a babysitter! /whip

So when we come down we can meet up and buy things in town? Or wait to saturday to get supplies? and have a bbq in the evening?

Ya sure whatever people feel like at the time I guess, it'll prob be easier to get the food in the english market and around town on friday rather than trying to figure out getting everyone back into town again on saturday to do it, plus I plan on being pretty hungover by saturday anyway..

I'm coming too.

• Advertisement

That's what she said

Um....thanks for sharing.

Muat I say the line again?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Kay, I've been away for a few days but: I have a mini BBQ which can be used providing somebody can drive it (and me :D) from Cork city to party central. Also have spare sleeping bags and like I said if people need to be met off the bus and brought to the market/off licence I can do that coz I've got bugger all else to do tbh ;)

Also I may need a spot in a tent, I'll try and acquire one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Meeee! *waves hand in the air* Will have work until 4/5 depending on what weekend we pick, depending how I get there, can bring another bbq. Got far too much fresh mint in my garden, so thinking mojitos :)

taram wrote: »
    Got far too much fresh mint in my garden, so thinking mojitos :)

*Gulp*

Kay, I've been away for a few days but: I have a mini BBQ which can be used providing somebody can drive it (and me :D) from Cork city to party central. Also have spare sleeping bags and like I said if people need to be met off the bus and brought to the market/off licence I can do that coz I've got bugger all else to do tbh ;)

Also I may need a spot in a tent, I'll try and acquire one though
    I want to take part in teh meeting off bus thing, and buying food and drink on friday, I need a guide! Think you have my num. Also don't have a tent, if we don't some of us can always buy one in cork maybe.
    taram wrote: »
    Meeee! *waves hand in the air* Will have work until 4/5 depending on what weekend we pick, depending how I get there, can bring another bbq. Got far too much fresh mint in my garden, so thinking mojitos :)
    *Gulp*

Calm down dear

I want to take part in teh meeting off bus thing, and buying food and drink on friday, I need a guide! Think you have my num. Also don't have a tent, if we don't some of us can always buy one in cork maybe.

You have a lift from Carrick btw.

You have a lift from Carrick btw.

Ooooh cool, you want me to travel up to leitrim to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I am most probably going down aswell, and definitely I will meet people in cork to buy food and maybe we can go to tesco and buy tenting equipment if it is needed.

Advertisement