Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

sounds good ensign raah!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

I'm in for it as well. I can bring sleeping bags and I might just buy a tent.

If I can get a lift from the local train/bus station...?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ye I imagine sombody will be transporting people from cork. we can 1v1 airsoft in a field!

we can 1v1 airsoft in a field!

you might regret saying that

smegmar wrote: »
    you might regret saying that

They stopped me shooting in paintball cos I was too good, next up airsoft.
    (picture a half dozen people cowering as I have them covered from a tree.)
    :D

Although I'll need glasses to see the pellets, ghey.

• Advertisement

Ooooh cool, you want me to travel up to leitrim to you?

Leitrim is back down towards the equator.
    And if you make me come to Sligo, I'll make you climb Knocknarea before we go.
    Yes I will!

smegmar wrote: »
    I'm in for it as well. I can bring sleeping bags and I might just buy a tent.

If I can get a lift from the local train/bus station...?

Dibs on transporting Smegmar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Apparantly argos are doing a 12euro two man tent!
    I'll PM ye all my number anyway and ye can text me back your ones, we'll get everyone sorted with lifts, the trains only 10 mins drive for the house so Podge and whoever else is drivin can do a few runs back and forth fromt he station if anyone ends up gettin out that way.
    I've a two man tent, 4 man if yer pissed enough that ye can mud wrestle for or somethin.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Just out of curiousity how many people are planning on comin down fer this so far? Just wondering if I need to borrow a BBQ from the neighbours...

I'm thinking I will come down to this, partly because I keep seeing pictures of cats everywhere!
    I also have a three person tent.
    I'd also need transportation from the bus station in Cork... I really don't know Cork at all!
    If that's okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I think there will be lots of guide people around on the day. Guess now all we have to do is wait.

/waits

• Advertisement

I'm thinking I will come down to this, partly because I keep seeing pictures of cats everywhere!
    I'd also need transportation from the bus station in Cork... I really don't know Cork at all!

Don't worry everyone'll be looked after, maybe some people from Dublin could try and travel together on the bus/train for company and convenience if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Well I'll probably be bussing it from Galway so I'll be all on my lonesome... I could bring my bike and cycle to your house but I'd probably get tired/lost and have to sleep under a tree...
    This is assuming it's definitely the weekend of the 21st!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm getting all excited about this now :D it'll make the week before ("doing archiving" and being a "research assistant", which I think may turn into "write my thesis for me, please" :pac:) a bit more bearable

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Leitrim is back down towards the equator.
    And if you make me come to Sligo, I'll make you climb Knocknarea before we go.
    Yes I will!
    I love going up knocknahrea, I live near it btw.
    When we went up it on a school trip I won the most generous person award. :cool:
    See you in sligo. :D

yay more people! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Right i went to argos yesterday and bought a camping starter kit for 49e, 2 person tent, 2 sleeping bags and 2 camping mats...oh yeah 2 headlamp thingies incase you like to fall over:pac: Just need a large rucksack to hold it all now:P

So the deal is, that we either get a lift or bus it from (Dub in my case) to Cork? and get lifts from there somehow?:)

oooh nice purchase, I'll just have to have a look inside.
    *zips masterofnothing out for the night*

Score!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Dibs on transporting Smegmar.

yay I have transport sorted! that wasn't so hard now was it.
    so who else is driving and we'll get a convoy going. CONNNNVVOOOYYY!!!!

I think she likes me!!

:p

I think there should be like a mini list of who's based where and who's driving from where, it can only help with the travel arrangements/pickups tbh;)

Well get on it!

/whip

First I'll train one ginger monkey butler, then he will train others. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I think there should be like a mini list of who's based where and who's driving from where, it can only help with the travel arrangements/pickups tbh;)
    Also maybe we should decide times and who can bring what and such, otherwise might end up with 20 salads, 1 single bottle of wine and one veggie skewer between us all :)

I begged/pleaded/offered shameful sexual favours :O but now have all Saturday off. :pac:

• Advertisement

First I'll train one ginger monkey butler, then he will train others. :D
    This one cant be trained in butlering:P *shatters the dream*
    taram wrote: »
    Also maybe we should decide times and who can bring what and such, otherwise might end up with 20 salads, 1 single bottle of wine and one veggie skewer between us all :)

I begged/pleaded/offered shameful sexual favours :O but now have all Saturday off. :pac:
    Another nice idea aye...but sure wine is horrible anyways who'd want that!!:(

Favours on the other hand...they may have worked for you so who knows:P

Everyone coming should do a post as such..

Apx travel departure time: xx:xx
    Travelling from: Cork
    Transport: car/bus/train (we have a car and may have a camper van by then so will be able to carry at least 3 ppl to the house)
    Food: salad/burgers etc...

Then we can get ppl organised for lifts and being met off the train/bus etc..

I'm making potato salad, chickpea salad and a big leafy green salad, a lot of brown rice and will prob do a big pot of moroccan stew aswell.
    I also have plenty of home made chutney and pickled cucumbers for burgers etc..

Apx travel time: 5hr ~ ish
    Travelling from: Dublin
    Transport: car (thanks to moonbaby)
    Food: butterbean chowder(not vegan sorry) if I'm bothered to make it, also might get some store bought junk food:pac::pac:

I think she means, what time you are leaving at :)

Will post up when i know more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Apx travel departure time: Whenever is good on the Sat for ye
    Travelling from: Cork
    Transport: Train from Cork
    Food: Tabouleh salad, a few random dessert things, whatever else looks good at the time of shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Apx Time: whenever
    Travelling from: Cork city
    Transport: Lift if possible?
    Food: I'm gonna try and get some of mammy's (regrettable non-vegan) homemade brown bread, and then maybe some pasta/potato salads and veg for skewering? I'm really not completely sure about all that yet

Um I may as well put what I know and update it!

Apx travel departure time: TBA
    Travelling from: Sligo
    Transport: car with moonbaby or bus. :)
    Food: Want to arrive in cork and go to the shops to get burgers, sausages, chicken fillet things, various veg and skewers!

Right so...

Apx travel departure time: Not sure as dunno how i'm getting there yet
    Travelling from: Dublin
    Transport: Dunno yet
    Food: Can't cook anything but pasta so may have to be stuff bought down there:P

Apx travel departure time: We are arriving on Friday yeah? And we need to get there in time to buy grub? I reckon I could make 3pm.
    Transport: Driving.
    Food: Booze. Baklava (Is anyone vegan actually?). Halloumi to grill on the Barbie.

• Advertisement

Ye time for food and things would be good! Oh and boooooozzzzeyys, so before shops shut anyway

Advertisement