Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay rise question

Options
  • 28-07-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there is an 'automatic' pay rise if you have been working in your position for a year, two years....I have been in my job in Dublin for 2 years, although been with the organisation for 3 years. I have a full-time job with alot of responsibilities and I have an Arts Degree, though it's not really related to my job. This was my first job after college. I work for a charity and obviously in these times, I'm worried that I will be told to sod off and don't be so cheeky. But at the same time, I am trying to find out if there should be a general pay rise of even a few percent, as you gain experience. Is this normal? Sorry if thats not too clear. I am having an awful time figuring out how much my job is worth, because of the sector I am in. Anyone else have experience working for a charity/non-profit org? None of the salary survey websites have any answers for my job or sector. Technically I could say I am in administration, but it is so so much more than that, any comments appreciated. BTW I'm on €24,000 and in my mid 20's. Am I asking for too much?

Advertisement