Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, Please! New Gun & Poor FPS Rating Problems

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's likely a bad downgrade job then. Take it back and get them to sort it out. What power levels were they claiming when they sold it to you or were advertising it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

mcshape wrote: »
    On this topic guys picked up a new M14 Socom from a retailer yesterday and its shooting at 250fps constantly with the Hop off, Would i be looked at like i have 2 heads bringing it back to be sorted? I would have thought 300fps at a minimum for a brand new 1J Downgraded gun?

For the love of god bring it back! Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can fix a dud like I did. Now I have to buy a whole new gun... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's likely a bad downgrade job then. Take it back and get them to sort it out. What power levels were they claiming when they sold it to you or were advertising it at?
    Well thats the thing, I got a chrono report with it showing 20 shots alla round the .79J mark i suppose in my stupidity i didnt realise how low that was
    ZeroSignal wrote: »
    For the love of god bring it back! Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can fix a dud like I did. Now I have to buy a whole new gun... :mad:

Yeah im going to Zero, You seem to have been VERY unlucky, Im convinced there is such a thing as a monday morning AEG, some guns should never be opened!

Well thats the thing, I got a chrono report with it showing 20 shots alla round the .79J mark i suppose in my stupidity i didnt realise how low that was

Yeah im going to Zero, You seem to have been VERY unlucky, Im convinced there is such a thing as a monday morning AEG, some guns should never be opened!

I hear you, dude. I'm going to scrutinise my next gun. I want no problems with it.

Best of luck with your gun, dude.

Brought the gun to the retailer today, Said that i was not happy with the FPS, And no questions asked, They took back the gun and will have a new one for me thursday!, RESULT!, Now thats service!!

Thanks all for the help

• Advertisement

Brought the gun to the retailer today, Said that i was not happy with the FPS, And no questions asked, They took back the gun and will have a new one for me thursday!, RESULT!, Now thats service!!

Thanks all for the help

Have them chrono it in front of you before you even touch it. And make sure that they have it calibrated to the correct ammo weight too. ;)

Aye i will

I understand that its too expensive for retailers to replace the spring on every imported AEG, but if they are going to be drilling them to create air leaks for the purpous of downgrading it should be done carefully, dropping the fps to sod all to make it legal kinda wrecks it for the customer.

ZeroSignal wrote: »
    Have them chrono it in front of you before you even touch it. And make sure that they have it calibrated to the correct ammo weight too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Aye i will

I understand that its too expensive for retailers to replace the spring on every imported AEG, but if they are going to be drilling them to create air leaks for the purpous of downgrading it should be done carefully, dropping the fps to sod all to make it legal kinda wrecks it for the customer.

It isn't all that expensive to change the springs.
    The springs cost a few dollars, the labour costs the most but it's part of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

It isn't all that expensive to change the springs.
    The springs cost a few dollars, the labour costs the most but it's part of the course.

As Rhino says, the spring isn't expensive, it's the labour. In particular, with M14's............they are a complete mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tmason

Shiva wrote: »
    I agree completely. I didnt mean to implying doing a crappy job of making the hole is acceptable - its definitely not.

apparently retailers ask manufacturers to downgrade the gun quite often before shiping to ireland, so I got new cylinder, nozzle and M90 spring and currently I'm waiting for longer barrel and some other stuff - I will give it a little bit of personal touch :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Is piston drilled in your AEG? Or nozzle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

tmason wrote: »
    apparently retailers ask manufacturers to downgrade the gun quite often before shiping to ireland, so I got new cylinder, nozzle and M90 spring and currently I'm waiting for longer barrel and some other stuff - I will give it a little bit of personal touch :)

Good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tmason

andros wrote: »
    Is piston drilled in your AEG? Or nozzle?
    two holes in cylinder and one in nozzle...

well when i brought my M14 Back to the retailer i was asked if i wanted the next one drilled or wait a day or 2 for a spring, As im impatient i went for the drill option and now i have a sweet M14 shooting at a consistent 319.7

Now thats how it should be!

Advertisement