Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnum PI quality tash

Options
  • 28-07-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I assume the joke shops in Galway sell fake moustaches? Are they any good would ye know? I need a quality US state trooper tash and pair of sunglasses to go with it. I may even get two pairs of shades (one slightly smaller than the other) to allow ultra cool Horatio style double sun glasses use.

Fancy dress costume.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

When's the party?

Grow one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If desperate, just make one out of felt.

It won't have the correct texture but at least you'll get the shape & size right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When's the party?

Grow one...
    It's in about 2-3 weeks away not to sure, I hadn't shaven in a while and was half way there but when I trimmed everything back I looked like an awful dork, I couldn't go around with that thing on my face for the next few weeks. It didn't mix too well with my 2" long Pharaohs gib, which will have to go for authenticity methinks :( I needs a good big shiny tash my face hair is way to scruffy it just wouldn't look right.

This is an annual town fancy dress, it's actually become the highlight of the entire year in the town, everyone goes to great lengths on their costume and the town is overrun by people in fancy dress. It's great craic bar Christmas it's the only thing that gets everybody coming back into town and is talked about all year round.

I can't have a felt tash, this is to important! :pac: I've actually gone out and done loads of research for the costume (it's that highely contested! :D) I found a town in the US that has the same name as mine and even got a high res scan of their badge, I'm getting expert advice from the airsoft forum and have bought an honest to god police force tactical jacket. I'll even be in character promoting D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) it's a real thing the cops in the US town do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Now I gotta know what town you're from...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Grow a full beard and mustache.

Then you can just shave off everything but the mustache for the party.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Nobody will ever be as cool as Tom Selleck.Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The fine town of Dunmore, Lackawanna Co. Pennsylvania. http://www.dunmorepd.com/ they've an awful funny website too.
    Xiney wrote: »
    Grow a full beard and mustache.

Then you can just shave off everything but the mustache for the party.
    I was doing that but it didn't work out my tash looks more like a wire brush than the velvet locks of Mr Tom the Selleck.

Advertisement