Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Tokyo beer in Ireland?

• 28-07-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

So the brewery brewdog have released a beer called Tokyo. It's 18.2% but i'm not sure if it's available here yet. Does anyone know?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

18.2 %. Drink one and it's the equivalent of drinkin a whole bottle of wine. Hard to see it washin at a checkpoint. 'Sure I've only had the one, garda' 'Burp'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

Drink in Stoney Batter would be a good bet, I'd say he'd get it in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

online from brewdog. £10 for 330ml bottle plus postage.i'd be very surprised if it was seen antwhere here.it's hard enough to get their regular beers here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I emailed them a couple months ago about shipping costs to Ireland and got the following
    Hi,

Shipping cost to Ireland, we use parcelforce for our delivery and they
    charge £40 for the one box and £60 for two boxes.

Hope this Helps

Angela
    You can get a box of 24 great beers (not Tokyo, but all their beers are good) for £22.
    Use the promotional code "BLOG" for £5 off and that's £99 for 48 bottles or about €2.50 a bottle, so not too bad.

Fortunatly I live in London, so it's only £7 shipping for as much as I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

online from brewdog. £10 for 330ml bottle plus postage.i'd be very surprised if it was seen antwhere here.it's hard enough to get their regular beers here.

I think there is limited number of bottles, for some reason i believe its around 2000

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Kazooie wrote: »
    18.2 %. Drink one and it's the equivalent of drinkin a whole bottle of wine.
    No it isn't.

I very much doubt Tokyo* will be sold in many bricks-and-mortar offies, except maybe the like of Utobeer in London.

Edit: And apparently it'll be available on cask in The Rake nearby.

Kazooie wrote: »
    18.2 %. Drink one and it's the equivalent of drinkin a whole bottle of wine.

An its not like you can buy wine or cheap vodka in you Local Spar at 10.30 am Monday to Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is Japanese beer a big thing ? Is this Tokyo stuff Japanese ?

I got a bottle of Ichiban from Superquinn there the other day. Very "meh" as they on the net.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Is Japanese beer a big thing ? Is this Tokyo stuff Japanese ?.

Brewdog Scotland

Never one to rest on their laurels, the new one from BrewDog is 32% ABV. £30 for 33cl.
    0807f7517a57c0c4d476b5bffbd6d625_25366.jpeg
    Now with video.

Edit: Though legally this wouldn't count as beer in Ireland. Any drink over 22% ABV is classified as a spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

I saw the brewdog stuff for sale in a malahide co. dublin offie the other week. It is the place just down from the train station on the right

Gibney's?

Lots of offies have Tokyo* these days. And you can buy it online from DrinkStore. It's not 2009 any more you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

BeerNut wrote: »
    Gibney's?

Lots of offies have Tokyo* these days. And you can buy it online from DrinkStore. It's not 2009 any more you know...

I didn't think Gibney's was an off license. Well in 2010 I have yet to see it anywhere else

The offy is a few doors up from the pub. Oddly the pub doesn't sell any of their good beers. Nice wine selection though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭JnarF

Bought a few bottles on Drinkstore a while back, still haven't gotten around to drinking them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Abbot's in Cork has Tokyo* and Tactical Nuclear Penguin (€60 for the TNP:eek:)

Advertisement