Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy Honda Deauville, what to look for

• 28-07-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm goin to look at a Deauville in a few nights, its to be my first bike. It a 01, 30k miles, heated grips, higher touring screen, top box. He's looking for €2'500 approx. What should i look out for. I have an experienced friend coming to check it, but any advice is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

is it restricted??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Needs to be restricted unless you have a full A licence over 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

Bike is not restricted, i was told conflicting stories, some say it must be, some say not, i asked the insurer and they didn't know, asked a Honda dealer, he said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Its over the power to weight ratio(0.16kW/kg) so it shouldn't need restriction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus lads ye love talking bout restrictions dont ye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The only thing i would recommend OP is to get your buddy to check for crash damage. The paniers cover the forks so check that they arent bent etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Exhaust headers rot, so check those are in good nick. A motad stainless pipe will cure it for about 300 Euro or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Wheelie2009

I'm goin to look at a DeauvilleI have an experienced friend coming to check it, but any advice is welcome.

Look for Gayness, Big time Gayness :mad: Geta real motorcycle :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Why not back up your point of view with an argument rather than unhelpful idiot comments?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

faceman wrote: »
    Why not back up your point of view with an argument rather than unhelpful idiot comments?

Well, that would require him not being an idiot, and that just isn't possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement