Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Tools

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi There,

I was wondering does anyone know of a good place to rent tools for someone who does a bit of home DIY now and again.

I'm thinking of stuff like a jigsaw that I'll only ever use once or twice a year so I'd love a place where I could just go and rent them for a weekend or a few days at a reasonable price.

Anyone with any ideas it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Not worth it for small stuff like that ... I looked on the Sam Hire web page (http://www.samhire.ie/product_costs.htm), and they want a whopping €20 a day (!) for the hire of a jigsaw. You could go along to your local Woodies and buy a brand new one of your very own for €30 - 40 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Sam hire etc will have better makes than the cheaper ones you can buy at woodies. makita Dewalt etc.
    tip hire on a sat, you pay for one day and you dont have to bring back til Mon, so Sun is free

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

k123456 wrote: »
    Sam hire etc will have better makes than the cheaper ones you can buy at woodies. makita Dewalt etc.
    Possibly, but for the occasional DIY use, once or twice a year, the average user won't notice the difference. Places like that probably only hire the better stuff because of the wear and tear they'll get and they want to protect their investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

keep an eye out in Lidl/Aldi

they have different stuff all the time and u can pick up what u want.

www.kompernass.com supplies one of them so u can see the range

Advertisement