Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non-business hdip vs business hdip

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a question about applying for the hdip. I have a joint honours degree in a language and business. Would it be possible to apply for the non business-related PGDE and train to teach just the language? If I have to include my business degree then I would not have enough points to get into the business-related hdip. The info on the UCD course says, on the one hand, that "Applicants should hold a degree with at least one school teaching subject to final year." But it also says "Two subjects must be taught in the school where teaching practice has been arranged by the student." I'm interested in this because the business-related hdip are about 5 points higher to get into

Advertisement