Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new job

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

I got accepted for a job down in Cork with a large gym chain. There is a huge problem however, they want a copy of my Leaving Cert results and i exaggerated hugely on my CV. I know i was in the wrong but i feel i did very poor in my Leaving and felt i needed to do this. What do i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thread title should really be 'problem with spoofing on my CV' shouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Do you think you deserved to get the job instead of an applicant who hadn't overstated their qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wish more employers would check peoples CV's like this: it'd ensure those of us didn't lie got jobs.

OP: you lied about your LC results, so they'll think you could lie about he rest of your CV. Can't see you getting this job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

I rang and told them the truth, i will not be getting the job. I couldnt live with myself doing that to get the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Question:what do leaving cert results have to do with this job? why is this relevant for working in a gym?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Question:what do leaving cert results have to do with this job? why is this relevant for working in a gym?

it showed the person lied. How could you then expect to trust them with money/safey of people.

Advertisement