Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Computer/monitor problem weird one

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi

I hope someone can help me with this.

Bought a commodore g9555 and a samsung monitor and the monitor is not displaying anything but this is the weird bit.

The monitor works on another desktop so there is no problem on that end.
    The computer works in my brothers house just not mine for some reason.
    am i doing something stupid. Is it something to do with the power/electricty.

I feel like an idoit if i return it and say look the computer works but just not in my house.
    Any Help.
    Going Mental with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Does it display POST information before it boots or goes blank ?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

No it doesn't display anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

is there by any chance two Graphics cards in the PC ??

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

It may be a problem with the video card and the perticular monitor you have.

Had a problem not being able to get my Radeon HD4870 working with a Dell 24inch and had to swap out the card. card worked fine with all other monitors. and monitor worked with all other cards.

Try a diff monitor.

took another monitor home from work (borrowed it) and this monitor does not work with the desktop either. But heres the kicker while i was at work my bro took the monitor and tried it up with the desktop up at his house and they worked but they still don't work at my house
    How is this possible.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

thanks for the replies guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

you have the refresh rate or resolution set up wrong.

wolfic

Sorry if this is a stupid question but when you say the refresh rate,resoultion set up wrong . How would i change that.

In Work at the mo. so what get to do anything till tonight.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Put in a monitor that does work (or even a tv might do) so you can see what you're doing and right click the desktop click properties (for xp) and click settings at the end

or for vista right click and personalise and then hit display settings at the bottom

then pull the resolution slider back to the lowest, change the colours setting to 32 or 16 and in advanced settings you'll find the frequency. 60 is normal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

wolfric wrote: »
    you have the refresh rate or resolution set up wrong.

Which won't affect the monitor at boot. Only in Windows.

Advertisement