Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting masters - UCD Smurfit

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all,

Total newb here (first post) and im looking for anyone who can advise on the accounting masters in UCD smurfit school. Things to watch out for, things to do, things to avoid, i think you get the picture.

Couple of specific things i would like to know:

1] Class sizes?

2] Lecture & tutorial hours per week?

Im starting now in a few weeks, last day of august i think. Anyone else going to be joining me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Facelessman

I did the M.Acc a few years back and we had approx. 120 in the year. It is around this figure each year.

The hours are substantially more than for an average business undergrad degree. The standard lecture hours were 8.30-2.30 three days a week, 8.30-4.30 one day a week with each Wednesday off. Each lecture was 1.5 hours with half hour breaks in between and of course lunch.

We only had a few tutorials and these were mainly for IT. I think these were three hours but we only had them once every 2 weeks or 4 weeks I can't quite remember!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 himynameisblink

Wow 120! That caught me off guard. I expected no more than 75. Am very glad to hear about the day off though.

Im going in very unprepared, i dont even know exactly where the campus is. I really should have gone to an open day.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Superdude1234

I did the M.Acc a few years back and we had approx. 120 in the year. It is around this figure each year.

The hours are substantially more than for an average business undergrad degree. The standard lecture hours were 8.30-2.30 three days a week, 8.30-4.30 one day a week with each Wednesday off. Each lecture was 1.5 hours with half hour breaks in between and of course lunch.

We only had a few tutorials and these were mainly for IT. I think these were three hours but we only had them once every 2 weeks or 4 weeks I can't quite remember!

Hi, just wondering what was the average age of students studying the M.Acc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hi, just wondering what was the average age of students studying the M.Acc?

I didn't do the M.Acc but I did an MSc in Smurfit and you get people of all ages in all courses, if you age is for some reason a concern for you - don't worry about it.

Advertisement