Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ultra slow page loading

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right place, cos it's taken me about 40 minutes to get here!

Anyway - I'd been using an O2 wireless portable modem for a while. It was slow, certainly nowhere broadband speed, but perfectly usable. Was running IE5, I think.
    Recently updated the modem to one of the new O2 usb-stick type modems, & also upgraded to IE8.

Reception is much better, pages load much faster........except on Boards.:mad:
    Even the front page takes approx 20 minutes to load. As I click the bookmark, the screen changes fairly quickly to the default light grey background, the first 4 green progress bars light up.....then nothing until the page suddenly loads fully after approx 20 minutes. (all except the sub-menus at the page top, which seem to have gone completely)

O2 have already said I can't have the old one back & tbh the new one is so much better on every other site I use, I wouldn't swap back anyway.

But I quite like Boards and I want you to keep making vast sums of money from the adverts that I see, so any advice would be appreciated!
    I don't see any similar threads, so I guess it's either my modem or my PC. (HP desktop running XP Home)

Any tweaks, changes to settings etc anyone can recommend? I'll log in tomorrow for a look!
    Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

happiness is your last thread finally opening & displaying helpful hints to get you back using boards.
    That happiness is missing from me though, by the looks of things.

again, this ultra-slow loading is exclusive to boards. All my other bulletin boards load fine, as do all other sites.
    But anything from boards is taking literally 20 mins to load, making it pretty much unusable.

Hoping someone else will pick up on this now & pass on the solution.....

Advertisement