Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying dreams

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey, wondering if anybody has reoccuring dreams which involve screaming for help, but your voice won't work? And also, you are even aware that it is a dream so you are attempting to scream loud enough to wake yourself up or get someone's attention to wake you? ha, i know this sounds insane.. maybe i've jst lost it.

Also, are there any other people out there who can think so hard about something that they can dream it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I've had many dreams where I know i'm dreaming and i'm trying to wake myself up, but I never can. They're usually good dreams with a lot of action :pac:

I always wanted to manipulate my dream, but even in my dreams I still follow the norms of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 carl_d

haha, 'norms' of society! I haven't ever spoken to anyone else who is aware of the situation being a dream and I know what you mean, I force myself to remain in the dream and can wake and go back into it, if it's worth it :P

Isn't it funny how if a dream isn't pleasurable I can't wake myself out of it, even though i know its not real, however, if it is pleasurable I can wake myself out of it, or be disturbed out of it, ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JamIsForHeroes

here man thats so wierd, i know just what you are talking about its happened a few times to me, generaly in the dream im in trouble of some sort, its really not enjoyable and really messed up in my opinion, the last time this happened i remeber i was dreaming of being chased and i was hiding behind a hedge it was very vivid, when i let out a shout it was just silent i'd try and try but notting.
    The other thing about this dream was that i also couldnt run something i also dream about often. id try to run but instread id feel like i was running at the bottom of a swining pool or my legs were stuck in quicksand. Have you ever expirenced this??

i dont know what cause it, but it'd be real cool to find out what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

you guys should definetly check out Siggmund Freud and Carl Jung and what they learned about dreams.
    you may be suprised what you learn about yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

I have dreams where my teeth start to crumble and fall apart, Its not a pleasnt feeling and I do not understand why I constatnly have this dream :( past expierience maybe :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

thats an interesting one indeed.
    could it be from fears of a medical kind or drug related kind that will catch up with you later because of certain activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Jessica-Rabbit

carl_d wrote: »
    Hey, wondering if anybody has reoccuring dreams which involve screaming for help, but your voice won't work? And also, you are even aware that it is a dream so you are attempting to scream loud enough to wake yourself up or get someone's attention to wake you? ha, i know this sounds insane.. maybe i've jst lost it.

Also, are there any other people out there who can think so hard about something that they can dream it?
    yeah that is linked to sleep parylais .. it happens to me .. you know your asleep and you cant wake urself up and you cant move or scream its awfull but i think its not dangerous in any way

Advertisement