Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another crate training question

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I put a deposit on my bundle of joy yesterday evening so now it's time to buy some bits and pieces for him for when he comes home in a few weeks!:D Can anybody tell me what size crate I should get - he's a golden retriever? I know from reading other posts that it needs to be big enough for when he gets bigger but i'm not sure what dimensions that is? EG which one of these would you get? http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/crates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I just googled it aparently 42" (Large) crate suits a retriever or dogs between 71 and 90 pounds in weight. The ones in some pet shops have a breed size guide on them, although hard to tell when you need a puppy sized one although he will grow really quickly.

Here's a guide as to what size the dog will be when grown.
    Height at withers
    Males: 22/24 inches (56-61cm)
    Females:- 20/22 inches (51-56cm

Hope that helps, not great with measurements meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks!! I had a look online last night and went for a large one. I was up to my eyes in work yeseterday and no time to google so I thought I'd try and save some time by asking the experts on boards! :D

Advertisement