Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for postgrad courses.. ?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Well hello!! Does anyone out there have any information regarding funding for postgraduate courses in the ROI? I am interested in applying for postgraduate courses in psychology and some of the courses are as much as 10,000 euro per year.. A few friends of mine completed undergraduate courses and since they lived in the north they got funding for studing 'abroad'.. ha. So basically what im wondering is whether people have to arrange that money themselves or are there funding organisations, such as the library board which provides such funding for the North??

Spank you very much :)

Comments

The Maintenance Grants Scheme for Students attending Post Leaving Certificate Courses is open to candidates who are entering approved Post Leaving Certificate courses for the first time in the academic year in question.

The eligibility conditions are generally the same as those for the Higher Education Grants Scheme. You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course. Grants are available for full-time approved Post Leaving Certificate courses of at least one year duration at approved Post Leaving Certificate centres. The list of approved centres is available from your local vocational education committee (VEC).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The Maintenance Grants Scheme for Students attending Post Leaving Certificate Courses is open to candidates who are entering approved Post Leaving Certificate courses for the first time in the academic year in question.

The eligibility conditions are generally the same as those for the Higher Education Grants Scheme. You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course. Grants are available for full-time approved Post Leaving Certificate courses of at least one year duration at approved Post Leaving Certificate centres. The list of approved centres is available from your local vocational education committee (VEC).

I am sure this is correct, but it is not helpful to a student from the North wishing to do a postgraduate course, albeit one who might have phrased his question better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 carl_d

ardmacha wrote: »
    I am sure this is correct, but it is not helpful to a student from the North wishing to do a postgraduate course, albeit one who might have phrased his question better.

"albeit" one who might have phrased his question better!! ha, are you being serious??? hahaha

are you being serious??? hahaha

Yes. A good question gets a good answer.

Yes. A good question gets a good answer.

shame your good intentions are wasted on this then so, since you don't have an answer whatsoever??

• Advertisement

Well I didn't have any unique insight into the issue.
    I expect that you have already read this.

Well I didn't have any unique insight into the issue.
    I expect that you have already read this.

already read what? lol, here im only messin with ye, relax!

Advertisement