Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your natural hair colour?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

Light Brown
    I'm a natural ginger. My hair colour is that real Irish Celtic/Viking red, like very vibrant. I used to hate when I was a teenager because I used to get bullied for it! So I dyed it dark for years but it's all natural again and I appreciate it. Get so many more compliments now! Especially whilst abroad. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Black
    Mine's a dark brown but I have it dyed black, dying to go back to my natural colour but anytime the black starts to wear of it leaves my hair a horrible colour looks like i have bald patches LOL so I have to go back to black!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Mine is a very dark brown. In fact, most people would call it black, so that's what I went with because no matter how much I try and convince them that's really just a very dark brown, they insist that it's black. So black it is!

Same here. It's very very very dark brown but everyone calls it black. Have never died my hair (although people always presume I do because I have blue eyes) and every time I hear how much my friend's highlights cost I'm glad it's too dark to dye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Black
    I think mines a light to dark brown. If ya get me.

I've been dying it since I was around 16 as the grey hairs started to appear then. Curse my genes! The greys have been growing (terrible pun there) in numbers over the years and some are getting very cheeky and growing close to my forehead which means I'll get less time out of each colour. Booooo to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Black
    Mine's a sort of reddish-brown. The red only comes out in the sunshine though! I started having highlights in mine at age 12 (my gran's a hairdresser!) but when I got to college, I was almost totally blonde! Decided to grow it out and go back to my natural colour, and it took so long that I'm never, every dying it again. I like the colour it is now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Red/Auburn
    I'm dark blonde and presently I have blonder highlights. Sometimes I go darker.

The first time I dyed it as a teenager I used a home bleach kit and my friend went a bit crazy with it :D LOTS of tutting from the hairdresser when I went to get the roots done. OOPS.

I've been quite dark too, but my mom drew the line at dying it black..."look at the colour of your eyebrows, love". So wise.

I consider myself happy with my hair considering my sister and mom have ginger strawberry blonde hair. And my father and brother have less hair every day :pac:

Light Brown
    Malari wrote: »

I consider myself happy with my hair considering my sister and mom have ginger strawberry blonde hair.

Good luck with the offspring. :D

Red/Auburn
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Good luck with the offspring. :D

Oh luckily we won't be having that problem! Just as well, with my blond beau and that disturbing ginger stubble that keeps appearing :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dark Brown
    Oh luckily we won't be having that problem! Just as well, with my blond beau and that disturbing ginger stubble that keeps appearing :eek:

Why is this so common? My boyfriend has very dark brown hair that looks almost black in the winter, but his beard is at least 50% ginger! I have another friend who's the exact same as that too. It's bizarre.

Light Brown
    Faith wrote: »
    Why is this so common? My boyfriend has very dark brown hair that looks almost black in the winter, but his beard is at least 50% ginger! I have another friend who's the exact same as that too. It's bizarre.

It is an indication of a high sex drive, and that your fella was meant to play his part in the ginger apocolyse by making more.

• Advertisement

Red/Auburn

I don't know, it's weird! Maybe an age thing? First ginger then the Dread Grey!!!

Light Brown
    I don't know, it's weird! Maybe an age thing? First ginger then the Dread Grey!!!

Seriously it just means your a carrier of the gene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Dark Brown
    I was light Blonde until I was about 12 then it got darker gradually to Light Brown. My Mum is hairdresser she starting putting highlights in my hair when I was 14, gradually getting lighter until I was almost white :eek: so I dyed my hair back to light brown and then Mahogony/Auburn ever since. I love having Red Hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Dark Blonde
    When I was younger, I had light blonde hair and as the years have gone by, it is now dark blonde, never dyed my hair yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Light Brown
    Was really really red when i was younger and has gotten progressively darker over the years. Sort of ashy auburny colour now.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

It's a dark brown, dyed red.

Red rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Black
    Mine is a very dark brown. In fact, most people would call it black, so that's what I went with because no matter how much I try and convince them that's really just a very dark brown, they insist that it's black. So black it is!

My hairs the exact same colour, and i get that all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Black

Vikings.
    Seriously, he can blame the vikings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Dark Brown
    Nuggles wrote: »
    It's a dark brown, dyed red.

Red rocks.

Damn straight!:D I had light brown hair and I dye it red. Im currently trying every red colour available! Any recommendations? Or do you get it done at the hairdressers? Too expensive to get it done professionally IMO especially when my best mate will do it for me for free and the dye only costs a tenner! Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Light Brown
    My hair is this weird brownish with bits of red and dark brown thrown in. I have never dyed it, nor do I plan to. If I screwed up, I'd never be able to fix it :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Dark Blonde
    Natural blonde.

Sometimes its been helped blonder, and less often I've had lowlights in to give it a bit of depth and texture. Its very fine, and without styling its very straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dark Brown
    Nuggles wrote: »
    Red rocks.

Damn right! I've medium brown hair and dye it red. No complaints so far. ;) (oh except one woman I look after in the nursing home said she didn't like it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Michelle K

Dark Brown
    hey, my hair is natuarlly a light to dark brown. I never liked it as a kid coz i use to get bullied over it. I have dyed it loads of times and i am now black. Does anyone know how to get back to my natural colour and if so how? or is there somwhere i can get it done, if so how much and where?? oh and does it destroy your hair going back to your natural colour???

Thanks a mill!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Light Brown
    My natural hair colour is "brownie-reddie-blonde" as described by my hairdresser.

I think this would be the technical term for my hair colour too. :P

I call it brown but depending on the light I'm standing in, it could be red or blonde. I've just come back from holidays, and the sun has turned it a proper strawberry-blonde! :D

Haven't touched dye yet. I like my hair colour, and reckon if I dye it, I'll never be able to get it back to my natural colour, so I don't plan to! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Light Brown
    Auburn/Dark red. Put some blond highlights in it in my early 20's which was fine, but I was still a redhead. Next time I went, I emerged as a blonde with red streaks, which didn't suit my skin tone at all. So I went back to my natural colour and have stayed that way since. Occasionally I get the urge to experiment but the most adventurous I go is a slightly darker or lighter shade of red!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Red/Auburn
    Started blonde
    Went blue/black
    Jet black
    Redy Brown (effect of getting black stripped)
    Auburn

all since the start of 2009 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Black
    dark brown boardering on black, was never allowed to dye it when i was younger but the day i turned 18 i went mental, purple, red, copper, blonde highlights, pink highlights, post box red highlights. But in the last few years i have just been getting it back to my natural color, and now there are a few grey lads poking through. Gonna dye it again but keep as close to my natural colour as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

They say your natural colour is what suits you best? I really don't think so but that's what I've heard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Light Brown
    I voted for red, but it's that kind of reddie-blondie-maybe brown colour! Had it dyed dark red for a few months and really liked it so I might go back for the autumn. I do get a lot of compliments on the colour which is nice, but also had good few people touch my hair from behind, giving it a wee stroke :eek: Didn't like that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

was very ginger when younger, then went more blond like, and now its gone a dark ginger thankfully :P

mever dyed it either, always gets asked who coloured it for me, people dont believe that its natural

Advertisement