Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your natural hair colour?

Options
13»

Comments

Red/Auburn
    My hair's a dark blonde colour. I've thought about dying it, but I actually like my natural colour, and worry something else would look too weird. I don't understand all the fascination with dying one's hair; it's so much hassle and it costs so much money

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Light Brown
    Another red head here. Gotten blonder as i've gotten older, but would definitly be more ginger then blonde.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Red/Auburn
    I had very blonde hair as a child, which then got darker as I got older. I started highlighting it when I was 13, so I've beeen lightening it for nearly ten years... I am tempted to grow it out, because I'm not sure I can afford to keep spending so much on my hair, but it feels like a bit of an identity crisis - I don't really know what I'd look like with my dark blonde/light brown hair, and anyway it will take about two years to grow out completely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Dark Brown
    I'm 33 and have been dyeing my hair blonde since I was 14, my natural colour is light brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Black
    I'm naturally dark brown. Have dyed my hair red, mahogany, plum and cosmic blue (not actually blue, more like black with a hint of blue on it when the light shines on it). The last one has to be my favourite to use when I dye my hair.

I do however go back to my natural colour most times and let the others grow out. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Dark Blonde
    Dying your hair doesn't change the natural colour. The hair grows out the same colour, but roots are usually darker than the ends.

I have naturally light blonde hair. In winter it goes a bit grey and dull. I once put highlights in but they didn't make much difference and they just made my hair frizzy and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Dark Blonde
    Fishie wrote: »
    I had very blonde hair as a child, which then got darker as I got older. I started highlighting it when I was 13, so I've beeen lightening it for nearly ten years... I am tempted to grow it out, because I'm not sure I can afford to keep spending so much on my hair, but it feels like a bit of an identity crisis - I don't really know what I'd look like with my dark blonde/light brown hair, and anyway it will take about two years to grow out completely :(

Put a non permanant dye in to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Black
    Sorry I worded that wrong, meant i let it grow out back to my natural colour, I don't dye it back to my natural colour.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

Light Brown
    Michelle K wrote: »
    hey, my hair is natuarlly a light to dark brown. I never liked it as a kid coz i use to get bullied over it. I have dyed it loads of times and i am now black. Does anyone know how to get back to my natural colour and if so how? or is there somwhere i can get it done, if so how much and where?? oh and does it destroy your hair going back to your natural colour???

Thanks a mill!:)
    You used to get bullied over having brown hair??? Now that's a first!!! I used to get bullied like most others over having red hair! you can only grow your hair to get your natural colour back but if you went to a hair salon you could get them to match the dyed parts of your hair to the colour of your roots but allow at least an inch of growth. If it's black they'd have to prelighten it so that can be damaging so you should get a trim while you're there and condition loads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Red/Auburn
    My hair is generally dark blond, getting lighter in the summer. However, from about the age of 15 to 19 my colour was every colour under the sun, from red to purple to blue to black. I eventually just let the colours grow out.

Over Easter I put in a wash in wash out lighter blond colour in, and several months later it's growing out. Seems my hair doesn't like washing out colours. It hasn't even really faded!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Red/Auburn
    Dark blonde normally, obviously was a lot fairer when I was a child, getting darker as i get older! So i get highlights, actually havent got higlights in 7 months now! eek i look almost brunette! eek! need to get hair done!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A natural dark brunette, but the So Cal sun tends to lighten it, especially during the summer living in a beach city.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Red/Auburn
    I'm dark blonde naturally but am a bottle brunette at the moment. I tend to get bored of one colour and change it up. I had it highlighted light blonde for about 2 years but I then unemployed so the cost was too much. I dyed it brown myself as I had done this a few years ago.
    I'm thinking of going back blonde next weekend. I tend to flit between dark and blonde so I'm lucky I can do that. I did also have a try at being a redhead for about a year which was strange :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Red/Auburn
    dark blonde according to my hairdresser i would think fair..... its currently platinum thanks to highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Red/Auburn
    I'm dark blonde naturally but I have blonde highlights in atm.
    Have had all types of colors though, everyhting from black to orange(yes it was a mistake):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Black
    I'm really happy I went back to my natural dark colour.
    I only dyed it a couple of weeks back and I can see my new growth coming through. If I'd stayed blonde I'd be cursing it and getting the hairbands out to cover it but I don't have to worry about that any more. Plus I'm saving a good 160 euros every 2 months. That's 20 a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I have dark brown/black hair. I have never dyed it as I love the natural hair colour and it's quite shiny. I will probably go grey quite soon(hereditary) so I will wait til then to use the bottle.

Advertisement