Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a camera????

• 28-07-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭

Just thought ye guys here might be able to help me out or point me in the right direction.
    I am interested in starting taking photos and I am looking for advice on a good bridge camera in the 300-400e range. Does one even exist in that price range or am I being delusional?

I truly haven't a clue how or where to start and don't understand all the technical terms when looking at any of the review sites. Tbh, I'm finding the jargon double dutch.
    Just need a nod in the direction of a camera that would allow me to experiment with some up close "birdie shots" and some sunsets/sunrises if possible....
    See, not joking when I say I haven't a clue:confused:

Would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

The good news is that you will buy a very decent bridge model in that price range, the best thing you can do is have a look through the various links here and come back here if you need more detailed help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You will get a very good Bridge Camera for that money. I would suggest that before going out & spending your cash that you do some reading to get some understanding on the principles of photography. There is a book many here reccommend which is supposed to be very good. I think it's called Understanding Exposure (I think)

The reason to get some understanding first is that it will help you to make an informed decision on which camera you require. It will also help in how to use it once you buy it. To get good results you will need to move away from the Auto Settings & use some manual controls. If you plan to leave it on Auto then you will probably be better off with a point & shoot.

Good luck. There are plenty of people here to assist you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Yes, the book is called "understanding Exposure", and the canon G10 seems to be the most highly recommended bridge camera around boards. I can't recommend that exact model myself (I don't own one) I can recommend Canon bridge cameras. I have a lesser model and it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I bought a Panasonic Lumix FZ-28 recently on Pixmania and I'm delighted with it - the quality of the pics and the ease of taking good pics is a big step up from p&s. The only downside I suppose is the aperture range is quite limited compared to SLRs but for a bridge camera I don't think you could ask for more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Will definitely read up on what ye suggested
    Thanks again:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement