Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller blind's!

Options
  • 28-07-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

One of my roller blinds has completly come off the roller. Is it a question of just glueing it on the roller or do I need to do something else? Is there something I need to do with the spring etc? Any help apprecaited.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

murphym7 wrote: »
    One of my roller blinds has completly come off the roller. Is it a question of just glueing it on the roller or do I need to do something else? Is there something I need to do with the spring etc? Any help apprecaited.

I have one here that used to pop out every now and again, don't know what you mean about the roller? on mine the roller is part of the blind, it sits into a receiver fixed onto the wall. Unless the rollers broken or cracked it should slot back into the receiver. No glue needed on the ones here. Might help in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I have one here that used to pop out every now and again, don't know what you mean about the roller? on mine the roller is part of the blind, it sits into a receiver fixed onto the wall. Unless the rollers broken or cracked it should slot back into the receiver. No glue needed on the ones here. Might help in some way.

Thanks for the info. The ones I have are glued onto the roller, must be cheap one's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I think the previous poster misunderstood your complaint, the blind is usually attached to the steel barrel with a double sided tape or glued, this is not a defect or cheap way or doing the job. Just get some double sided tape and re-do. The original glue can dry up and fail over time, especially if the blind is pulled too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

i put mine back on with a staple gun,works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Perfect, thanks lads. I'll have a go this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

I think the previous poster misunderstood your complaint, the blind is usually attached to the steel barrel with a double sided tape or glued, this is not a defect or cheap way or doing the job. Just get some double sided tape and re-do. The original glue can dry up and fail over time, especially if the blind is pulled too far.

I understand it now, the blinds here are long enough not to be pulled off the roller. Guess that should only happen if kids etc roll it down too much. Only problem I had on one here was it popped out of the receiver.

Advertisement