Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever put runners in a washing machine?

• 28-07-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Have a pair of white runners I wore to a one day barbering course and now they are itchy as hell cause loas of random hair got into the fibres.

Someone told me to stick em in the washing machine? Is this wise???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Put them inside a tied pillowcase and then into the machine at a low temp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

the question is, is not putting your shoes in the washing machine unwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Runners to a barbering course, what were your clients, sheep ?

I wouldn't put runners on the washing machine, it goes fast enough on the spin cycle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Did once, it ran rings round 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Put runners in the washing macine before low heat no bother. Now the dryer didn't work out so well:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Washing machines can really **** up mobile phones, lottery tickets, cheques , driving licences and passports.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

galwayrush wrote: »
    Washing machines can really **** up mobile phones, lottery tickets, cheques , driving licences and passports.:o

Why do you keep all them in your runners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Why do you keep all them in your runners?

Normally only hide cash from wife there.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I've done it plenty of times before, they always came out battered and dizzy. Putting them in the machine might not get all those little hairs out you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

population wrote: »
    Have a pair of white runners I wore to a one day barbering course and now they are itchy as hell cause loas of random hair got into the fibres.

Someone told me to stick em in the washing machine? Is this wise???

Ah now Ted that's a bit racist, although they are easier to catch than the black ones.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ever put runners in a washing machine?

I tried but I just couldnt catch Usain Bolt.........he prob wouldnt've fit in anyway........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

stuff them with newspaper after you wash them so that they keep their shape. and let them dry outside not in a dryer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Just make sure the are not Nike. They will stink after you wash them for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Have done it loads of times, absolutely no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

Don't put them in a clothes dryer, they'll kick the door open every two minutes.

I put a pair in the dryer two weeks ago and the dryer started making some really funky noise, like something went loose inside it.
    I waited til someone else used the dryer to blame them for it, lo and behold there was no funky noise and the dryer worked fine =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

ya put thm in a pillow case on a cold wash , i just put one of my handbags a few mins ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Put then in the washing machine and then into the microwave to dry them.....

What could possibly go wrong...,?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

they wont ever be the same and wont last half as long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Then just wear one at a time, problem solved....
    deise48 wrote: »
    they wont ever be the same and wont last half as long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Make sure its no higher than 30 degrees and you should be fine. I've even put my Cats in the washing machine and they turned out great.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Yes I have and I heard the apocalypse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm, possibly wreck my 400 quid washing machine's innards by sticking a pair of 50 quid trainers in to them? No thanks chuckles.
    I prefer to avoid expensive white good replacement and either A) buy new runners or B) handwash them and leave them to drip dry on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Don't put them in the washing machine if they're the kind that have gel impact protection in the heels as it will harden and you'll basically be walking around on 2 lumps of concrete!

Not necessarily a major problem if you're just wearing your runners out and about but if you're actually running or doing any high impact stuff you could do yourself some damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

But surprisingly USB pen drives turn out fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

give the inside a quick blast with a can of deodrant and a lighter to synge the hair from the inside dont know if this will work but worth a try. have a bucket of water close by just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

And yet the lighter I put through works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I always put my converse in the washing machine when they get destroyed and nothing bad happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

It's hair ffs, vacuum them.

Advertisement