Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lemongrass Restaurant

Options
  • 28-07-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Can anyone tell me if the Lemongrass is closed down, as I have been trying to call them for the past few days with no answer.....trying to book for Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

nyc baby wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the Lemongrass is closed down, as I have been trying to call them for the past few days with no answer.....trying to book for Saturday

I think they are closed. If you live near (or don't mind driving to) Carrick on Shannon. You have Victoria Hall there, which is a bit the same and I can recomend them!

http://www.victoriahall.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

They must be closed down, the Lemongrass website has been suspended so i suspect the whole chain has gone down :( Quite unfortunate as i thought the food was really good. I only ate in the one in Sligo once and thought the food was superb, had lunch in the Galway and Liffey Vally one and was very reasonably priced and very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Shoite (D4 accent)... ate in the one in Carrick years ago & the one here not so long ago - good food indeed. I was always a bit iffy about their "we only employ asian chefs" policy though... hardly an equal employment policy, though it did make non PC sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

It's closed for good.

No shock really, it was superb at first but really detioriated quickly, and was awful on my last two visits. The Clarence itself are putting a restaurant in there now, the rumour is they will continue the Asian cuisine retaining the head chef from Lemongrass. I'm undecided as to whether this is positive or negative.

Hopefully it will be good, as Sligo needs a good Asian restaurant, well any kind of decent restaurant to add to only the two that are already here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HighMan

The Lemongrass in Drogheda has been closed for some time now. The is a new asian restaurant called Puony there now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The C Kid wrote: »
    It's closed for good.

No shock really, it was superb at first but really detioriated quickly, and was awful on my last two visits. The Clarence itself are putting a restaurant in there now, the rumour is they will continue the Asian cuisine retaining the head chef from Lemongrass. I'm undecided as to whether this is positive or negative.

Hopefully it will be good, as Sligo needs a good Asian restaurant, well any kind of decent restaurant to add to only the two that are already here.

We have 2 good restaurants? I'm hard pushed to find one these days... used to like Coach Lane & Monte Marte, but last two visits were so-so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

I was in it before but can't remember where it was.

Another Dub too....'Shoite'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

We have 2 good restaurants? I'm hard pushed to find one these days... used to like Coach Lane & Monte Marte, but last two visits were so-so.

I think The Silver Apple is decent cuisine. Its not mind-blowing but decent food kept simple. Its the best in Sligo by a distance imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nyc baby

Thanks for the replies I was looking for Asian so booked Kings????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 archerymad

interesting, as I just recieved a 2 for 1 voucher from them as part of the vodafone Enjoy! promotion running at the moment

Advertisement