Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nathan Fake

• 28-07-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Does anyone know what midi control surface he uses? I know he's defo usin ableton live anyway. see photo attached.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

uc 33e.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Anyone here use them before? They seem very popular with the Ableton dj crowd. I heard Sasha uses one from time to time when that Maven yoke is acting up. Im deciding if I should get the M-Audio or to save up for the Akai mpc40 which is about double the price afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hesho wrote: »
    Anyone here use them before? They seem very popular with the Ableton dj crowd. I heard Sasha uses one from time to time when that Maven yoke is acting up. Im deciding if I should get the M-Audio or to save up for the Akai mpc40 which is about double the price afaik.

So is the BCR (which i have and quite like )....I would suggest you look at the way you actually use Ableton Live, and find a MIDI controller that will best replicate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

This month's Computer Music (out on Monday) will have a producer masterclass video on Nathan Fake if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

hubiedubie wrote: »
    This month's Computer Music (out on Monday) will have a producer masterclass video on Nathan Fake if you're interested.

Cool - Computer Music in 1/2 decent Big name producer shocker!! :D

They've been pretty poor of late. I'm buying it out of habit at this stage.

It'll be interesting to see now that hes a couple of years into it.

I think he made the 1st album on a fairly minimal set up - old version of cubase, cheap keyboard & some fx pedals.

Havent heard any of his new stuff.. but I had a live set a while back & it was just the 1st album soaked in Beat repeat.

Hope its a bit more substantial than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Not a massive fan of the new album. Its a bit more full on than drowning in a sea of love which was very laid back. I've a set from 2004 or thereabouts and its mainly stuff from the Watlington street and Outhouse ep's and its prob the best live set i've ever downloaded. I'll try find a linky for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭deathronan

im really likin in the new album, im likin the new direction he's goin in. Was supposed to see him in Cork about two months ago but the ****er cancelled. It was a friend of mine organising it and Nathan Fake really ****ed him around, he's a a bit of dick in my books anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

It all depends on ho you'll be using live!

i need to launch clip on the fly so i picked a controller with buttons on it,
    others will be using the launch clips to do the triggering and will only want to adjust effects and levels, they'll pick a fader surface like the uc33.

Of course the apc40 from akia is the best of both worlds but it costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I mainly use my MPD32 for live, i'm just so happy with it - pads are great, and there is knob and fader - and a midi interface - and really not the same price that the APC40 ... which don't have the midi, and is not autopowered ...

Picked up CM today..

Havent watched the Interview yet.. Will be interesting to see it.

His Setup is still pretty basic.

Saw that next month they have an interview with FIGHTSTAR.. Band with ex-member of Busted.

Utter Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

real djs use vinyl!:D

Just watchin this now..

Really struck by how Mr Bean-ish he is :D

Mr Bean gets some great sounds out of that A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭deathronan

he certainly does get some great sounds from it. what's that orange and beige thing with all the knobs sitting in fornt of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

knew to djing with live, picking up an apc40 next weekend.

great piece of kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

@deathronan

its one of these
    http://www.jomox.com/product_details.php?lang=2&category=4&product_id=6

he doesn't seem to use it as a sound source,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 crystal castle

i was a bit apprenhensive when it first came out but im really getting into hard castles, even if the live stuff is all redux and beatrepeats. unreal night last paddys day in galway.

i was a bit apprenhensive when it first came out but im really getting into hard castles, even if the live stuff is all redux and beatrepeats. unreal night last paddys day in galway.

That was @ Lowerstate? Right?

Keep meaning to get there sometime. Alex Smoke was there a couple of months ago.. Couldnt make it :(

I'd like to hear Audiofeen as well.. His tunes on Myspace are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Electric Underg

Nathan Fake is playing Electric Underground in Cork this Friday @ The Pavilion.

Doors @ 11pm!

€10 before midnight / €12 after

Advertisement