Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW mechanic

Options
  • 28-07-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have a 1999 BMW520i and need a good mechanic to service it. does anyone know someone who knows BMWs. don't want to take it to main dealer as too expensive. Thanks, GRMA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

topcat123 wrote: »
    i have a 1999 BMW520i and need a good mechanic to service it. does anyone know someone who knows BMWs. don't want to take it to main dealer as too expensive. Thanks, GRMA

i take it your looking in the carlow area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 topcat123

patrickc wrote: »
    i take it your looking in the carlow area?
    Yes, anywhere around Carlow town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

If its just a service you're after then you hardly need somebody who "knows bmws", you're just changing oil & 2(possibly 3) filters. Even if you were to buy the filters yourself in Alda or Bradshaws they usually know the correct grade.

eddiehead wrote: »
    If its just a service you're after then you hardly need somebody who "knows bmws", you're just changing oil & 2(possibly 3) filters. Even if you were to buy the filters yourself in Alda or Bradshaws they usually know the correct grade.
    i need a mechanic. have a problem with an ABS sensor too. and there are other things to check, like fan belts, cooling, brake pads, etc.
    just asking for a recommendation on a BMW mechanic in carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

topcat123 wrote: »
    i need a mechanic.

Lol, sorry, I wasn't suggesting you do it yourself, just saying that there isn't anything specific that somebody would need to know about BMW's, its advised to change the ABS sensors with the pads but other than that I'm sure it's standard enough stuff. All I'm saying is any tried & trusted mechanic should sort ya out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I'm a mechanic but would not be interested in looking after as I'm a bit busy at the moment and I don't take work from Boards either as I got Infracted for it on my first ever Carlow thread post..:D @ Pat..

The only mechanic that I know that used to work in Reidies BMW garage (Carlow's Old BMW Garage) Jimmy Candy. Have to say he is a sound fella and a great mechanic.
    Go out the Hacketstown road, through the little roundabout at SuperValue and he is the second house on the right after the turn into Dolmen Gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

tombull82 wrote: »
    I'm a mechanic but would not be interested in looking after as I'm a bit busy at the moment and I don't take work from Boards either as I got Infracted for it on my first ever Carlow thread post..:D @ Pat..

don't remember that, ah adverts or pm is fine

tombull82 wrote: »

The only mechanic that I know that used to work in Reidies BMW garage (Carlow's Old BMW Garage) Jimmy Candy. Have to say he is a sound fella and a great mechanic.
    Go out the Hacketstown road, through the little roundabout at SuperValue and he is the second house on the right after the turn into Dolmen Gardens.
    thanks Tom

Advertisement