Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing course within UL??

• 28-07-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey does anyone know anything about changing courses in Ul. I'm thinking of changing from manufacturing to mechanical engineering. Can you only switch between courses in the same department or faculty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

you can switch to any course, but, you can only do that as long as there is a place there and you have the required CAO points. That could be horribly wrong but i'm think thats the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Tones66 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know anything about changing courses in Ul. I'm thinking of changing from manufacturing to mechanical engineering. Can you only switch between courses in the same department or faculty?

there should be no problem changing. What year are you in? I think you have to go to the course director first and then onto student academic admin. If you call up to sarah or gay in the mech department office( 2nd floor of the lonsdale building) they would be able to send you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

You can change from any course to another!!!

I changed from Sports Science to English & History, the only things that you have to have is either a QCA of greather than 2.00 or be within 50 points, of the course you want to change into, with the points of your leaving cert!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

You can change from any course to another!!!

I changed from Sports Science to English & History, the only things that you have to have is either a QCA of greather than 2.00 or be within 50 points, of the course you want to change into, with the points of your leaving cert!!
    But Engineering's are related so he could jump straight into second year of Mechanical I'm guessing, did you have to start 1st year again in your course as they don't seem related?

^^ Yeah I had to go back to 1st yr & pay fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ilwk

Hey guys
    my sister just got her cao offers today... missed her first preference, PE teaching by 10points and got offered sports science. she is not sure what to do yet, really has her heart set on doing the teaching, is there any possibility if she took sports science to change to teaching in the future?!

She can do Sports Science and if she does really well can do a fifth year and do wats required to be a PE teacher in Limerick!

Everything about it is on the link below! Hope that helps!

There is always the possibilty of internal transfer as well, but I know for a fact with PE it's very rare they allow the switch! Like your Sister wud more than likely have to be getter b1's and A's in all her module's and going to everything before they wud even consider it to honest!! They are very strike on stuff like that! As is Sports Science to be honest!

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Research/Graduate_School/Prospective_Students/Graduate_Programmes/Taught_Programmes/Education_&_Health_Sciences/Teaching_Physical_Education_Sport_%26_Physical_Activity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

if you are changing in first year, as long as you switch before the 24th or something of october, you have no fees to pay.

Advertisement