Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Cook Baby Corn?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

I quite often prepare a sweet chicken curry and I thought it might be interesting to try a few different things with it. I was going to add some Lemon Grass but they didn't have any in my local Tesco. I saw some baby corn and thought this might be interesting with a slightly thicker sauce than usual.

The only thing is that I'm not sure how I should cook it in conjunction with the curry. Could I simply wash it, throw it into the coconut milk and then let it simmer for an hour or would I need to grill or boil it first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

i wouldnt cook it for an hour to start, it only takes 4-5mins to cook. you could cook it in the sauce or put it in boiling water and add it in at the end. i would put it in the sauce takes in a bit more flavor that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is it OK to chop the corns up into smaller lengths and drop them into the sauce. How long would you leave them in the sauce to soak up some flavour?

Probably a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Had it and it was delicous, many thanks.

Advertisement