Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3G Waterford

• 28-07-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Getting a 3G signal in Waterford at the moment. Any other cities with 3G besides Cork and Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You forgot dublin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Whens wicklow town in the pipeline??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I get good signal in Waterford and Dublin. Carlow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

My handset is displaying "3.5G" in Drogheda .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

I was in galway last week and got excellent 3g signal all over the city on my iphone.
    I did a speed test too.Here are the results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Yeah the 3G signal is live all day yesterday and today. It was up and running briefly on thursday for only a few hours.
    But seems to be launched fully from yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

do you need a new sim card for meteor 3g? i was in galway yesterday and had no 3g meteor coverage with a 3g phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

snaps wrote: »
    do you need a new sim card for meteor 3g? i was in galway yesterday and had no 3g meteor coverage with a 3g phone.

Is it by any chance set to GSM only? My SIM works fine and it's at least about 3 or 4 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

no its set to all bands with 3g preference! It works fine with an o2 3g sim in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It might be be provisioned on your account. Give customer care a ring.

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »
    no its set to all bands with 3g preference! It works fine with an o2 3g sim in!!

Do a network search and list every network you find...Then post them here. Basically if you find 7 networks you probably have Meteor 3G, if you don't then it's unlikely you'll get 3G off Meteor right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 liamhero

jame5_b wrote: »
    I was in galway last week and got excellent 3g signal all over the city on my iphone.
    I did a speed test too.Here are the results

can u get a iphone on meteor?

liamhero wrote: »
    can u get a iphone on meteor?

Get an O2 pre-pay one or one off ebay and unlock it...It's not that hard. There's on risk involved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Meteor 3G is up and running in Portarlington in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

I have found the Meteor 3G experience very good so far. Have even been playing around with video calling!! :D

Advertisement