Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First AEG Recommendations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

the m16 popular series id go with this because u can use the rest of the money on a scope spare mags an extra battery and still have enough left for a skirmish that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Exxoll

Link doesn't work Robbie.

The obvious answers are a JG36c or a M4. The only proper answer is get yourself into a shop. Get a feel for a few guns and decide then. There is no way of knowing what gun is comfortable to you, until you handle it in the flesh.

Probably not the answer you wanted but it's the best advice I can give. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

If you go to a skirmish and ask other players if you can have a look/ fire off a few shots from their AEG's you could get a better idea of what you want.

Just make sure to budget for spare mags and a spare battery, only you can tell yourself which AEG to buy, we can give you advice and guidelines but the rest is up to you.

I would reccomend the L85, just cos it looks awesome and you don't see many around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭77kevinhalvey77

i would 100% recomend any thing g&g they are the dogs bol*x they are definatly worth the extra bob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The JG G36C is a good starter gun, if the shop your in has a G36K hold that and see how it feels. But if your looking for a high-end AEG, try this http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_42&products_id=376
    It feels really nice to hold.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Mind me asking where you bought the luger?
    Oh I see it on the MIA site,is the WE Luger not a good one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

A budget of €350 is a great start, but since this is your first AEG and you're reasonably new to skirmishing (from reading your post), would I be right in assuming you have no other gear?

If not, here's my suggestion. Pick yourself up the aforementioned JG G36C. It is, without doubt, the finest first rifle choice there is. It'll provide you with many years of service and will be a great platform to expand upon. The big bonus is, it's cheap.
    This is good, because you'll need that saved money to buy a spare battery, extra mags and some kind of vest to hold them in. If you still have a few bucks left (and you should), you can start looking at either camo or peripherals like scopes.

Essential extra purchases, though, are:
    1) A spare battery (like a tyre, you never know when you'll get a flat)
    2) Extra mags (one extra high cap or four mid caps, depending on your playing style)
    3) A vest (doesn't need to be fancy, a simple €45 SAAV will be more than sufficient)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

First off, dubtom, I imported the Luger. Forget which website. The WE Luger is great. It's just not the type of gun I'd bring to a skirmish... maybe if it was a WW2 skirmish... The only problem I had with it was when I took it apart, a very small spring and pin falls out, and I lost it, so now when I cock the gun the takedown lock opens. :/

NakedDex, you make a very good point. It's probably much wiser to go for the cheaper but reliable JG G36C and then get all the equipment I need. And unlikely as it may seem, I could end up not liking airsoft and be left with a €350 gun.

I believe the JG G36C comes with a battery and charger. Would it be wise to buy a better charger/battery? I heard the ones that come with it aren't great...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The charger that comes with it isn't bad, it's just slow. All packaged chargers are the slow type, in that it'll take about 4-5 hours to charge your battery. You could, if you wanted, get another charger so you can charge two packs at once, or a fast charger which would take an hour or less to complete a charge.
    With NiMH batteries, a fast charge is recommended. Whereas with NiCd batteries only slow charging is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

+1 on the dboys, cheap cheerful easy to work on/ upgrade and loads of extras too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 webo

My first AEG using almost 1 year with no problem at all. For beginer ideal AEG.
    Costs:
    M4 150e
    spare mags 50e
    spare batt. 30e
    red dot 60e
    total 290e
    so u save 60-tish for BBs or some upgrade (spring or barel) as they says around 320 fps, reality 250-280 fps:mad:

realy recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

yea you should get the dboys one if you dont like airsoft you havent spent too much and you can sell it ,its got a metal body aswell

or you could get a kalash m4 its all most the same gun but it has better insides but its more expencive at 220 in eirsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

yea you should get the dboys one if you dont like airsoft you havent spent too much and you can sell it ,its got a metal body aswell

or you could get a kalash m4 its all most the same gun but it has better insides but its more expencive at 220 in eirsoft
    DONT DO DBOYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JackF

DONT DO DBOYS

have to disagree . i think dboys are excellent value for money , eirsoft have a nice range of dboys (M4A1 , S-system , M4 CQB SD , M16 SPR)
    only 150euros , except the M16 which is 190

then youl have money left to buy a vest , camo , extra mags etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

have to agree the dboys stuff is the buisness,,,, a strong buy!

Advertisement