Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How odd..

• 28-07-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Was just out for a drive there..

At a T junction waiting to turn left and a blue Ford Focus comes from the right handside..slows right down(despite no traffic) and has a good look at the car..I turn left and am heading the same way as them..

Come to traffic lights, left hand lane for straight ahead and right hand lane to head into town..I'm taking the right hander and so pull up beside them..I look into the car and see the passenger taking a picture of me?!

Like..what the feck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Maybe you look like someone famous? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

maybe you are someone famous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lol, nah I don't think so :P

The thing I'm worried about is that I know this has been done before when people see stolen cars and then take pictures of the people driving the cars?
    The thing is..it'd be a mistaken identity as my car isn't stolen but now I'm worried my picture is going to be plastered around the place on forums etc..or worse, handed into the Gardaí and accused of stealing the car..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Private detective?

Have you been sowing seeds where you shouldnt of been? :pac::pac:

jackncoke wrote: »
    Private detective?

Have you been sowing seeds where you shouldnt of been? :pac::pac:

If I was sowing my seeds anywhere I'd be happy :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I hope you had the peak of your cap at the right angle for the photo.
    Don't worry about it he may be just an Anto collector. Harmless hobby really.

* Just joking

Hagar wrote: »
    I hope you had the peak of your cap at the right angle for the photo.
    Don't worry about it he may be just an Anto collector. Harmless hobby really.

* Just joking

I don't wear peak caps :P
    and my name doesn't conveniently end in O !

Terrible collector if it is :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Look in the "Heres what I saw today" thread, maybe it was someone from the forums. What were you driving?

sogood wrote: »
    Look in the "Heres what I saw today" thread, maybe it was someone from the forums. What were you driving?

106gti ?
    not really worthy of taking pictures to be fair..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Had you your indicators on whilst turning? Maybe they recognised you as one of the few Irish drivers who follows the ROTR - its a rare enough sight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I think it was around the eighteenth time I used correct signalling around the roundabouts that all the locals stopped pointing and staring lol.gif

Had the indicators on alright, maybe that explains it :P
    seriously..has me very confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

He's behind you !!!

Advertisement