Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wireless Network on Netopia Router

Options
  • 28-07-2009 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Good evening folks,

I recently bought a HP 6735S NOTEBOOK - MODEL GW694AV-CLA2. I need the laptop for surfing and checking emails so I decieded to set up the wireless connection, went through all the steps including inserting the WPA key and any other information which the set-up required.

However, the problem starts when try to connect the network. The first time I tried to connect I got an error message so I shut down the laptop and re-started it. When I went to re-connect all that came up for 30 mins or so was "Accquiring Network Address" now since it was a new machine I thought it might take some time for the laptop and the network to commnuicate so I left it, a hour later the same "Accquiring Network Address" message was still up so I disconnected the network and shut down the computer for the night.

Today, i tried again to connect to the wireless network but to no avail as the same message of "Accquiring Network Address" came up.

My question is does anyone know why this is happening? Can it be fixed
    and should I bring it back to the retailer who also fixes computers/laptops and get them to sort it out?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Newtechnologies

Try setting the wireless on the accress point to open IE:No security and see if it connects. Sometimes wireless network cards have a prob with some types of encryption.
    If it connects then thats it try different settings EG WAP/WAP2 TKIP/PSK, also try updating or changing the drivers for the network card.
    Hope thes helps

Advertisement