Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Black Moor Goldfish is turning TRANSPARENT??

Options
  • 28-07-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

about 2 weeks ago I noticed my two black moor goldfish started developing a fungus, so off I popped to the pet shop and got some medicine for them. I put them in separate tanks to help speed the healing process.
    A few days ago I noticed one of them started turning gold, now Im just after coming back in from the kitchen and that fish has started going transparent! I can see black bones inside that are connected to its 2 front fins and Im really freaked out by it as I did a quick Google search and cant find any info on this. This cant be normal, help from anyone greatly appreciated!

Jaf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Not sure myself check out
    http://www.irishfishforum.com/index.php?sid=94e2222627be0b7f5ed4327d0b164738
    you will get the answers you need there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Doesn't access to direct sunlight affect goldfish and colour? or am i completly wrong?

I have never heard of that before .I am sure if you look hard enough you will find something .

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I had two Black Moors and a similar thing happened....they went silver first, then a kind of cloudy transparent. I thought it was normal for that particular 'breed'...I had no clue tbh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

The fih in question was in direct sunlight for a few days and when I realised that I moved her, since they have no eye lids I thought they wouldnt like it, I wouldnt like to be in direct sunlight all day with no eye lids...

Anywho I checked on her a few hours after my first post and she seemed to be back to her normal colour, and she still is now.....so thanks everyone for the replies, I think shes okay anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Glad to hear it sorry I couln't help

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Jafin wrote: »
    I wouldnt like to be in direct sunlight all day with no eye lids...
    That made me giggle!
    Glad to hear all is ok with the fish....:)

Advertisement