Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Hobbies/Past-times

• 28-07-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

What do you lovely people (and the other 98%) do when you're bored?

I'm not sporty at all so my hobby's just playing music...

But what about you? Anyone got a weird one?

And fapping/sex can't count .. mwahahaa :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I write, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

brummytom wrote: »

I send poisonous PM's to the other 2%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I used to enjoy stamp-collecting but gave it up when my father died in a tragic stamp-collecting accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

I gather as much information about people on this website and then hunt them down and kill them. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I used to enjoy stamp-collecting but gave it up when my father died in a tragic stamp-collecting accident.

Paper cut or killed by another dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Moonlit walking and dining out

seeks similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i play ice hockey and football, computer games, juggling, photography, graphic design..

im in a band

Im sure theres other stuff, but these are the weekly things i do to keep myself busy =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i sit around waiting for new threads on after hours, then quickly post a "witty" reply, in the hope of getting so many thanks that i get "post of the day". It's quite a common past-time apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

There's the odd bit of stalking, soccer and jogging daily.....Trying to take up airifx model building but can't find them for love nor money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Paper cut or killed by another dealer?

He recieved a small paper cut through which a rare form of ink leaked into his blood system. He proved allergic and died within hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Copied from the Clearasil and Hormones thread...

I'm interested in/my hobbies include...astronomy, swimming, gaelic football, RUGBY, swimming, watersports in general, member of Red Cross, love reading and researching. I've gotten a small bit obsessed with boards lately. When I'm not doing all that, I'm out and about or at school.

zuroph wrote: »
    i sit around waiting for new threads on after hours, then quickly post a "witty" reply, in the hope of getting so many thanks that i get "post of the day". It's quite a common past-time apparently.

Square. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

You're only #9. Bit of advice, you have to refresh your browser more often. Works for me, but I'm slow typist and my wittiness is real shyte...

To the topic. I guess I like to travel. Just go to other side of Ireland, stay in B&B and back next day. Enjoy sea fishing. And other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I used to make balloon animals until I was very badly bitten a few years back :(

PeterLT wrote: »
    You're only #9. Bit of advice, you have to refresh your browser more often. Works for me, but I'm slow typist and my wittiness is real shyte...
    I thought the Irish had a natural wit?

Being English is my excuse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

I thought the Irish had a natural wit?

Being English is my excuse :D

Oh yes they are wit...

My excuse is being Lithuanian :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I love talking. A lot.

I read scientific journals too. If it weren't the summer I'd study. A lot.

And go walking in the countryside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭JamesTaylorfan

Reading, Telly-watching and amateur photography and after that music music music and the odd walk with the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

drink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

sanshou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I sit in front of my laptop waiting for "anti-thanks whoring" posts and then thank them. You're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Weird.. depends on your perception of it I suppose. Ok, well I read a lot. True crime, forensic psychology that type of thing. I watch documentaries on the same topics, Dr G. Medical examiner.. (NS for the weak stomachs) I surf the net for same, and have a nose through some crime scene photographs.

Outside of that knitting, fund raising for charities and dogging :)

Oh wait ****'s not allowed.

Mmmmmm. Let's see.

Internet mostly. Second life.

I'm in a band atm so I like to practice drums when I can. Soccer is quite good too...... well it was back in the 1995/96 days....... our glory days.

Also films, music and drinking I suppose.

orestes wrote: »
    I sit in front of my laptop waiting for "anti-thanks whoring" posts and then thank them. You're welcome

You were asking for it.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Weird.. depends on your perception of it I suppose. Ok, well I read a lot. True crime, forensic psychology that type of thing. I watch documentaries on the same topics, Dr G. Medical examiner.. (NS for the weak stomachs) I surf the net for same, and have a nose through some crime scene photographs.

Outside of that knitting, fund raising for charities and dogging :)

The rest of that was all nice and lovely, but that was a great word to end on. Damn my ban on mentioning fapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My main hobby is powerboating, both cruising and racing.

Any spare time I have I spend on my sports cruiser. Normally there's a crowd of us and we end up having BBQ's etc. - When we go up for days out we'll waterski/wakeboard etc. If we have enough time we'll make a weekend of it, as the boat can sleep 4 comfortably and has shower/toilet/central heating etc. - Usually there's a crowd of us who get together

I have another boat that I race in the UK/Ireland - Youtube 'zapcat' or 'thundercat racing' and you'll get the idea, I won't go into it

Other hobbies are scuba diving, hillwalking and the likes - Basicly I love anything once it involves the outdoors and a bit of danger! :D

Other interests are normal things like committees of various clubs/associations around the country, fundraising, charity work blah blah blah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jebus I've had loads in my life. Can't settle :D Reading about stuff goes without saying. At least three times a year I'll pick up a book on something I know nada about(easy peasy) or even dislike and dig in. Cycling(way too energetic) athletics(ditto), geology, paleontology, photography, Fly fishing, horology(both the real definition and what the less latinate may think), cinema, hiking, building stuff(major bloke in shed complex), painting, sculpture, DIY(steady in the back there), petrolhead, history, design and a few other interests.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I play football, (training 2x a week + match) and go to the gym, though they're regular things rather than out of boredom.

Occasionally go for a late night run. When the weather is good it's really peaceful running along the coast.

I read when I've the time - mostly non-fiction.

• Advertisement

Abigayle wrote: »
    fund raising for charities and dogging :)

Have you tried sponsored shags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Golf, running, cooking, football, movie watching, observing people in public places, reading, writing, arguing, tennis, cycling, drinks in pubs/clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

My hobbies-not necessarily in order:

Reading, guitar/singing, bible study, DIY (out of necessity really :rolleyes:), walking, jogging, pubs with decent music. Think that's about it... Oh, I also love baking though not sure if that a hobby or a chore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dancing at the crossroads.

Aside from that, golf, football, real estate, investing in stocks, fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hahahaha 98% heheheh good 1 hehehahahahaheheheh:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I like travelling whenever i can afford it, esp to good rock concerts abroad.:cool:

• Advertisement

hahahaha 98% heheheh good 1 hehehahahahaheheheh:D

D.E.F.O MATE heheheahahaheh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like to play my xbox 360 ps2 and xbox 1 ... Snowboarding , Telemarking Link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telemarking , skiing, rock climbing, playing with engine gearboxs and transfer boxs learning about gear box's. Windsurfing, graffiti, Long board skateing, listening to music walking, climbing tree's. Cooking good food that taste amazing. reading about avalanches and how they happen and what causes them to happen and different types of snow ... I love windsurfing. and play a little airsoft, I'm going to start pilaites because my back is messed up and i need to work on those mussels oh and I love being in water so see my bath a river or a swimming pool.... Reading tho i like reading young peoples books like 13 to 16 age group as I can read thew writing with out getting to lost in what I'm reading about. I also like building. Oh and errrr High spirited driving when conditions are right and surfing the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My real Hobbies ;) DIY , reading , big Music lover....all genres , ,football , like historical documentrys , movies , photography , member of ex- servicemans association / merchant seaman , keeping fit , little bit of gardening ,cooking ,going to gigs and concerts ,shopping ...oh and making you tube vids for last year or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Judo, keeping fit (cycling, jogging & weight training) & a passing interest in photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

My past-times consisted of the strange,twisted and deranged and they hate that little game I had called Crying Lightning.

One for the AM fans ;)

But in all seriousness I enjoy reading, sports, photography, music, movies and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I row. The boat type. Not so much anymore though!

I like taking photos.

Used to surf.

Paint a bit.

Really should start a few more hobbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'm currently addicted to that mafia wars game on facebook.
    I work on my big super dooper music sound synthesis computational algorithms. (It's nerdy but cool at the same time.) :)
    Getting high and researching interesting stuff on the internet, mainly religious history, psychology, conspiracy theories and science.
    And I exercise as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Male 28, owner of full head of lucious hair. Likes long walks on the M50 and colouring in. Can also be found on the bank of a river with my rod in one hand and a maggot in the other for hours on end. Seeks similar laydeeee with similar interests, age not a problem, must have FAS safepass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

im not really sure what my hobbies are. i would have said djing and messing with my car and car related items a year ago, but im not sure now. im very interested in cars and driving, but i suppose my main interests would be...electronic music, japanese/korean horror movies, formula 1, and radio broadcasting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

well i watch the footy, go out glugging, visit mates, or clean the house

party girl i am:P

EDIT- Fapping always counts

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Make models, shoot things, play on the computer. Took up flying a whiles back, but it's bloody expensive and have only flown once in the last year.

Of course, I'm in Afghanistan, so flying opportunities are greatly reduced, but the shooting thing options have opened considerably.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Ghost busting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Make models, shoot things, play on the computer. Took up flying a whiles back, but it's bloody expensive and have only flown once in the last year.

Of course, I'm in Afghanistan, so flying opportunities are greatly reduced, but the shooting thing options have opened considerably.

NTM

Kill one for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Play football 4 times a week, go to the gym, play guitar, go to gigs, drink, write articles, playstation, lie on the sofa doing absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Extreme stamp licking and hazelnutting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement