Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced rock guitar lessons

Options
  • 28-07-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a good teacher? ive been playin about 8 years now..but need someone to give me a bit of direction to improve. im in dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Stratocaster

can anyone recommend a good teacher? ive been playin about 8 years now..but need someone to give me a bit of direction to improve. im in dublin.

You are the best teacher, all someone else can do is show you, you will still have to figure it out your self. A lot of people feel by going to a teacher you will become a better guitar player, in most cases its true. I feel the reason being you have more of an interest and you want to impress the teacher and show you have the ability to play what the teacher is showing you.

You cant beat good old fashioned listening to your favorite songs and trying to figure out what the player is doing. Not only do you improve technique by repeatedly trying the licks etc, you get to understand why the licks sound good in the first place, its a lot to do with feeling of the song and lyrics etc. I don't think a teacher can teach this kind of stuff.

I have considered taking lessons and I am glad I never took them. I bought some books with CD's and never really finished them. I feel confident with my guitar playing and its down to having the best teachers out there, by listening to most of the worlds best guitar players.

I was originally a drummer and took up the guitar seriously about 4 years ago. I have yet to find a song I like and cant play, I am not saying I am brilliant, I remember listening to SRV last year and never imagined I could play anything like that, now I am looking for something else to improve my ability's. Sounds like you haven't found something to keep you interested, once you find something to keep you interested and motivated you will put in the time and improve your playing. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

PM me.

I teach, based in Bray...let me know what you wanna do and we can put a plan in place to get you there.

Cheers
    Fusion

Advertisement