Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst thing your dog has rolled around in?

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Well i will get it started.
    Took a trip to the beach and a freshly washed up dead seal was there dog ignored it .
    Brought her back to beach 3 weeks later and there was a few pounds of old rotten stinking seal flesh left dog rubs herself all over it .
    I had to wash her twice and put a bit of perfume on her just to cover the smell!!!!!!! The car ride home was not nice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Rotten dead meat someone had dumped, he came back with rancid fat all over his head and chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

the horse poo...it was gross!! he rubbed himself with it...i think it is a horse poo cos it is huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 echo17

Fox poop. Its black, very smelly and very sticky like tar :mad:. Some foxes has taken up residence in our local parkwhere we used to live, so it was a recurring problem if we didn't catch her in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Fox poop is their favourite esp. the smaller pooch she loves it. It's not too bad if it's a tiny bit but when they find a large patch and cover themselves in it the stench is unreal, and I'm well used to stinky pongs but phewy!

They prefer to eat rabbit poop rather than roll in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

When living in London we used to walk dogs late at night around lakes near our house. One night they found a large rotten fish & both covered themselves in it. Walking home under the street lights the fish scales were sparkling like glitter all over them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

when doing the foundations for an extension my retriever decided it would be a good idea to jump in and go for a swim. idiot! Took hours to get it all off with the hose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

danniemcq wrote: »
    when doing the foundations for an extension my retriever decided it would be a good idea to jump in and go for a swim. idiot! Took hours to get it all off with the hose!

You win!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Years ago my parents septic tank had some drainage issues so a local farmer came in and, among other things, dug a new soak pit beside it. It was left uncovered for some reason and one of the dogs took a dive in and started swimming around. The dog had to be washed every day for nearly 3 weeks before we got rid of the smell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Horse poo. It wasn't so much the smell but when I had her in the bath and well soaked I realised that I hadn't put the shampoo within easy reach and had to take my hands off her to get it. Cue one very smelly and now very wet dog doing laps around the house to avoid the bath :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

To this day I dont know what it was she rolled herself in.It was black,consistency of trickle and smelt like death.It took a few baths before the stench died down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Love this thread, sicko that I am!

Badger poo - Satan's aftershave
    Fox poo - Badger poo alternative

I'd also like to give a big shout out (amongst other things) to the kind person who left their used diaper in the bushes in the park beside DCU over the bank holiday in June that my pup got into - removing the contents of that from the folds round his mouth when I got him home was such a delightful way to end our walk. Nice care for the environment you are bringing your kid up in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

A rotten fish on the canal near my house, the trip home in the car was fun. My two dogs had to have a roll in it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

badger schit is the prefered deoderant used by the inhabitants of this old boys hovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

My dog rubbed himself in horse poo 3 days ago and i washed it right away with shampoo. hes beside me and he still smells like it!!!

silly doggie!!

an even more disturbing thread would whats the worst thing your dog has eaten......

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

My weimeraner is so damn curious, I thought he might grow out of it with age but two of the ultra disgusting things were:
    Once by a lake near us he rolled in the carcass of something...it was not a fish, the skeleton was definately a land creature but there was enough decaying flesh to make it ultra stinky.
    The second was human feces. It was in a forest near us and I don't know who was caught short enough to have take a dump there but you know, there is no mistaking the smell. Imagine the repair job that had to be done before he was even fit to get back in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

The pup found fox poo in the garden and rolled around in it. She then came into the house all pleased with herself, then proceeded to rub her head all over the couch then ran into our bedroom and ran along the side of the bed rubbing it all over the duvet! I have never been so mad (but secretly laughing) with her before! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I just wonder how the dogs can possibly sniff something so rotten and then go thats lovely i will roll in that. Surely if it smells bad to us it must to them

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

i have two retrievers, one completely blonde!
    every time he finds it, he rolls around in fox **** with gusto!
    man, does that stink the car out!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I just wonder how the dogs can possibly sniff something so rotten and then go thats lovely i will roll in that. Surely if it smells bad to us it must to them

I heard before that they roll around in really strong smelling stuff like fox cr@p to mask their own scent. After doing it they are delighted and consider themselves as a "stealth dog" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sativa_soul

Think the worst thing mine ever found to roll in - and he's never done it before, or since! - was in a forrest park I'd let him off the lead as there was no one around for miles - and he found a big pile of dead .... something .... even being approx 15 feet from it, we were gagging - in hindsight it was probably a sheep (based purely on size as it was far too rotten & disintigrated to really know for sure!) despite calling him repeatedly and shaking his treat can & everything (ne normally respondes instantly to both!) we had to go over and actually slide the leash around his neck (couldn't get him to stop rolling or us gagging to actually clip it on) and drag him away from it for all we were worth! So as we were walking him back through the forrest park to the car - even having him near us on the leash was horrific! lol So the car ride (25 minutes!) after was living torture!! lol I actually had to pull over as I got sick out of the window - we'd tried to brush him off with leaves, etc in the park but he still had dead slime goo all matted into his fur and bits of whatever it was aswell stuck all over him - it took a full bath & many repeated hosings down with our power shower to get him clean again - the car & our noses are still in repair!! lol

Dogs!! Can't live with them and can't live without them! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

:eek:we moved our rabbit hutch and months of poop has been falling down behind it(not in the hutch) ,i remember the smell just exploding in the air (it smelt like dead bunny and rotton fish),my 3 dogs eyes nearly poped out of there heads ,they all ran over and started to dig it up and roll all over it, i had to bath them after first picking it out of their hair and trying not to puke at the same time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

Bluefrog wrote: »
    I'd also like to give a big shout out (amongst other things) to the kind person who left their used diaper in the bushes in the park beside DCU over the bank holiday in June that my pup got into - removing the contents of that from the folds round his mouth when I got him home was such a delightful way to end our walk. Nice care for the environment you are bringing your kid up in.

I'll see your used diaper and raise you 2 used sanitary towels!!!! Dumped in the Pheonix park, my westie was running ahead and stopped/threw himself on them...... ewwww! Had to get doggie style groomers out to the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Yuch!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Guess I fold :D
    JennyAnt wrote: »
    I'll see your used diaper and raise you 2 used sanitary towels!!!! Dumped in the Pheonix park, my westie was running ahead and stopped/threw himself on them...... ewwww! Had to get doggie style groomers out to the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

our landlord had ordered some lazy painters to paint the house
    those two guys were gone for a lunch break and never tuned up again that day
    they left open their paintbuckets
    i have a black lab and love to play with buckets of water
    so he did with the paint
    the dog was chanced in a pink black labrador
    when i came home the paint was dried
    it was not only the dog but the driveway and the kitchen to chanced color
    lucky for us it was summer and the only thing to do was to shave the dog completely

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

His own vommit. Happened this morning actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Dead, rotting skunk.

It was the worst smell anyone could ever imagine.

She ran straight into the house after doing the deed before any of us realized. Took us weeks to get her smelling half normal on a dry day, when it rained all hell broke loose again. Had to move out of the house three months later because the house still smelled so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 petangels

In the phoenix my dog jessie rolled in and ate!! deer poop.. she stank for days...

Advertisement