Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden WiFi network on EPC2425

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the extra, hidden network that the EPC2425 sends out, and if so, does anyone know what it's purpose is, or how it can be accessed (just for curiosity's sake)

Windows shows it up as "Other network" but its obviously from my router, as the signal reflects the visible "UPCXXXXXX" network, and the hidden one also dissappears when I plug out my router.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the extra, hidden network that the EPC2425 sends out, and if so, does anyone know what it's purpose is, or how it can be accessed (just for curiosity's sake)

Windows shows it up as "Other network" but its obviously from my router, as the signal reflects the visible "UPCXXXXXX" network, and the hidden one also dissappears when I plug out my router.

Have you tried logging into the config and seeing what it says ?
    Id be interested in this hidden network - it may be a back door for NTL ni case they need it, or could just be a setting someone left on by accident.

I do up the cisco configs for a smaller ISP on cisco routers and i did up a template system for creating them , if the template is wrong , pretty much all the routers will be - so NTL may have a similar system.

Advertisement