Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Online (XBOX 360 AND PC)

Options

Comments

How do you customise your powers ? When i click into the option it just says "this is were you customise your powerset" or somthing to that effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I think it does, but they keep changing things about that game so I've bugger all idea what it's about now.

I have the headstart, but Play.com f*cked up the codes so I only got them yesterday and am downloading the client now. Hopefully it won't take too long to get back to the level I was at before.

Hope you get going with it soon.
    Im very tempted to pick this up either via steam, D2D or hard copy from stores.
    All thats stopping me is the fear of yet another mmo unused sitting gathering dust to join the likes of LOTRO,AOC,Warhammer.
    Im also considering getting Aion, im hoping to get a key for the open beta which starts soon to try it out first however.

Unfortunately i missed the beta boat with champions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm gonna pick it up from D2D today i think. At least that way, if it does end up like my copies of War, AoC and other MMO's i've stopped playing, it'll only be gathering digital dust, and not actual dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Please don't encourage Steam to continue ripping off customers....

Champions Online - £17.95 [Zavvi.co.uk]

On Steam - €49.99

I must admit it looks like a very fun title with little to no limitations.
    Any word on subs costs? Im guessing it will be similar to your typical mmo?

I might give gamestop or someone a call to see if thsy have it in stock, if not ill prob get it from D2D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How do you customise your powers ? When i click into the option it just says "this is were you customise your powerset" or somthing to that effect.

I'm not fully sure. I remember that on your tool bar, on the top left of your top toolbar (I'm sure I could make this more difficult to understand if I tried), there's 3 buttons. One of them lists your powers and you can change the colour of it and sometimes some other options. But there weren't a whole lot of things you could change. Not sure if this was just the beta or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Thinking about getting this now too, is D2D the cheapest way i'm going to play this tonight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

G2play.net will have it in stock I'm told in the next week or so, no idea on prices yet.
    So yeah, D2D looks the cheapest option at the moment if you want to buy it online for digital delivery. I dunno wtf Steam are thinking with their Eu price for this game :(

Nehaxak wrote: »
    G2play.net will have it in stock I'm told in the next week or so, no idea on prices yet.
    So yeah, D2D looks the cheapest option at the moment if you want to buy it online for digital delivery. I dunno wtf Steam are thinking with their Eu price for this game :(

I just ordered it from D2D, bit pissed off with their download speed tho. Speed is between 80-100kbs which i think is **** for a service like this.

I decided to go with steam afterall.
    Camedown at my connections top speed so happy enough.
    The game itself its very fun so far.
    Loads of depth in powers,talents etc.
    I just wonder how big the game world is?
    Im also hoping theres some decent pve raids etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah, steam are robbers but their speed is always good. Pissed off now as i wanted to play this tonight. I'll go look for a torrent or something, that might be faster :)

Hang on, if i but this now off Steam or D2D, i can play tonight?

Kiith wrote: »
    Hang on, if i but this now off Steam or D2D, i can play tonight?

D2D is going to take me 7 hours to download so you wont be playing tonight. It'll be alot faster on steam but its 15 euro more expensive.

Well, i bought it from Steam there. I know its mroe expensive, but i wanted decent download speeds. Low and behold, i'm downloading at 1.1 meg a second, and am already at 20%

What about Servers and whatnot. Should we create a thread for usernames/classes like the other forums?

Dcully wrote: »
    I decided to go with steam afterall.
    Camedown at my connections top speed so happy enough.
    The game itself its very fun so far.
    Loads of depth in powers,talents etc.
    I just wonder how big the game world is?
    Im also hoping theres some decent pve raids etc.

The intro area is tiny. After that the areas are pretty big, but you can't really go about too much to begin with because you get your ass handed to you by lots of mobs 10-20 levels above you. The main area, Millenium City, is huge.

As for PVE raids, I'm not sure. They have those public quests from Warhammer, and I suppose that it'd be insane in this day and age not to have proper PVE/PVP content.
    Well, i bought it from Steam there. I know its mroe expensive, but i wanted decent download speeds. Low and behold, i'm downloading at 1.1 meg a second, and am already at 20%

What about Servers and whatnot. Should we create a thread for usernames/classes like the other forums?
    I think there's just the one server (at least it's never asked me to choose one) and it's split into instances. I've not yet had a chance to figure out how to change instance to meet up with friends.

Downloaded and patching :)

Downloaded and patching :)

I'm only at 39% :(

Have to say their patcher is absolutely ripping along !
    Ready to play in ... ooh, now :D

Man this game is fun.
    Im currently messing around with a munitions guy, assault rifle,grenades etc.
    Also messing around with a sorcery character as i thought this was the way to go for healer?
    So far im not seeing anything heal related, then again im only lvl 9.
    So far they seemed to have pulled off an action based super hero that actually feels like and plays like an mmo.
    Im hoping there is decent endgame and pve raiding etc because the combat and diversity of the different characters is a joy to play.

So many more chacters i want to make, im curious about the gadgeteer for one.

Having great fun as well. Made an Archery character first, which was fun but a bit meh after a while. Also picked the Flying Disc as his Flight Power, which i didnt like. So i made a new character, Fire based with mostly metallic looking armour, and took the Fire flight power. Looks cool, even if other people look similar.

Names Abandon or Kiith in game btw. Abandon mostly.

• Advertisement

Yeah there's nothign worse than spending ages making a character and finding a similar guy in game. I made a skeleton cowboy and thought he looked pretty f*cking cool. I started the game and right in front of me was another skeleton cowboy. :(

Just to note, g2play.net have it available now for 25 euro, digital download.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Just to note, g2play.net have it available now for 25 euro, digital download.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Was gonna pick this game up today but after reading on the official forums about some huge nerf patch and loads of players feeling really screwed over Iv had second thoughts.

Cant anyone currently playing comment on this patch being as bad as the NGE crap done to SWG or is it just a few whingers?

Ah it's not like the Star Wars things at all. Basically, the Beta was failry easy to get people to level quickly. They changed i so it's a little harder, so that you have to put a little effort in. There's a few different powers that haev been screwed up, though. I think I read something about an eye-laser power that is pretty much useless now.

The thing you have to remember about the forums is that a lot of it is just whiny little bitches making mountains out of molehills, while everyone else is just playing the game.

The game has been live for only a couple of days, so there's bound to be constant tinkering going on. It's one of the smoothest launches I've ever been part of, to be honest. I'm expecting a lot of the powers to be modified over the next few months, but you get that with all MMO's.

Ignore the official forums tbh as always these places are full of idiots that have nothing better to do than complain about everything and anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Cheers for the heads up lads :)

Out of interest anyone know the price of the game in the Dublin gaming shops?

Dont know for sure, but you wont pay more then €35 for it in most places.

Anyone else having launcher and connecting issues today?
    Trying to connect to the game the last 30 misn with no success, lots on the forums moaning about it too.

• Advertisement

Ya, the authentication servers seem to have been up and down quite a bit today. I coudlnt connect this morning, and was dc'd a little while ago. Cant connect back in now.

Advertisement