Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Online (XBOX 360 AND PC)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Server Status: DOWN on main page atm.

Also on main page the following.
    I think we are +6 or +7 hours so looking at 7pm or so?

The Champions Online Live Server is currently down for emergency maintenance. During this time you will not be able to play or to patch. The expected return time is 12:00 p.m. PDT. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hopefully they wont be down all night. Was really enjoying my new character.

What char you make Kiith?

Fire powered armoured guy with fire flight form. I basically look like a colourful Power Ranger....on fire :)

Whats fire like ? is it mainly like a mage?

Im currently messing around with a munitions guy, also sorcery,telepathy and a gadget guys.
    Really cant decide on a main, so much fun with the ones ive tried and so many more to try too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Found it quite craptacular in the Beta tbh. I might mess around with it to see if it can change my mind but Aion is a far better game.

Fire is mostly Mage i guess. Loving flying around enemies rapidly firing from my palms, and got my first AOE spell there (Fireball) which is great. Dish out a load of damage, which is great, and it just looks cool. Cant wait to get higher and get some more spells/abilities.

I have to say though, i dont get a lot of whats going on. I generally just pick the gear with higher numbers in the Arms category, and there's a few other things i'm sure i missed.

I just want to bloody play though. Come on Cryptic, fix the servers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

While the servers are down, you may find some good reading here:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/co/guides

Of course, the reading will probably make ya want to play even more, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I realised the other day that when you have fire flight and tap your travel button that you move slowly and give off a few flames, but when you hold it down for a few seconds you burst into flames and go zipping alone. It's nothing amazing, but I'm easily amused :D

Also, here's the wiki. It's fairly incomplete, but it's a start:

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Table_of_Contents

humanji wrote: »
    I realised the other day that when you have fire flight and tap your travel button that you move slowly and give off a few flames, but when you hold it down for a few seconds you burst into flames and go zipping alone. It's nothing amazing, but I'm easily amused :D
    Ah, brilliant. I was kind of annoyed that it was so slow starting out. Thanks for that.

Still no sign of the server coming back up. Think i may have to wait till tomorrow, which is kinda annoying as i have to work nights for the whole weekend. All in all though, its been a pretty stable launch. Much better then most recent MMO's.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah, brilliant. I was kind of annoyed that it was so slow starting out. Thanks for that.

Still no sign of the server coming back up. Think i may have to wait till tomorrow, which is kinda annoying as i have to work nights for the whole weekend. All in all though, its been a pretty stable launch. Much better then most recent MMO's.

Agreed,ive been well impressed thus far.
    A mighty fun lag free and smooth experience thus far.
    I do have concerns about endgame however as ive yet to find anything about it on the net except one review saying great game but no endgame, im sure the will add to it however.

I think ill have an early night and start downloading my Aion pre order tonight.
    God knows where ill get time to play both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

It's back up just now along with a 624Mb patch :p

...and it's gone down again....

Hmm, i can get into the login screen, but the login servers are down. No patch showing for me, though that may be cause they are still down.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I'm patching. 1GB tho...:(

Dont patch the game. There's a message on the official site, and the forums, saying that any patch you might download is not the correct version of the game.
    We’ll be Right Back!

Champions Online is currently undergoing emergency maintenance to the game and website. Players will be unable to access the website, forums, and game at this time.

Please do not attempt to patch the game at this time, as you will not be receiving the most updated version of the game.

We will update this page as we have more information. Thanks for your patience!

Kiith wrote: »
    Dont patch the game. There's a message on the official site, and the forums, saying that any patch you might download is not the correct version of the game.

Thanks, hadn't seen that.

Only downloaded 0.5%, hope i haven't ****ed anything up

im clicking on to it tonight and its saying patching in a little box at the top left of my screen. But nothing is happening. Do i have to reinstall ?

I'd hang on till after the servers are back up and running.

Thanks for the PM Kiith, would've missed that otherwise. Had 20% or so of the patch downloaded.

• Advertisement

Servers are back up, in case anyone is still about. No patch for me either.

Looks like i have to continue downloading the 1 gig patch to fix the 1mb i downloaded earlier :mad:

Ah nuts, thats ****. Kinda glad i was lucky enough to never start patching, as i probably would have if i could. Servers are going strong atm anyway, so hopefully you'll get in soon.

Yeah same here, had to continue with the patching which is bloody annoying and it's going very slowly :(
    I'll see if I can mess about with any config settings or something to bypass the patching.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=53649
    "During the downtime today, some players logged into the launcher to see if the server was up, only to have the launcher begin to patch something. That patch didn't actually exist, and so this was an unintentional error on our end.

Anyone who did login during the downtime is being forced to patch now to resolve the issue. There are two solutions to this:

1. Sit through the new patch download and let it complete.
    2. Reinstall the game.

Note that there are no patch notes for this "patch" since it's not actually any new data being added.

Neither of these solutions are ideal, I know, and we're putting new systems in place to prevent this from ever happening again. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Bugger :( looks like I have to just let it finish. 158Mb to go and it's crawling along.

Well now...hmm...

Game looks great and the characters seem fun to play but omfg do they really need to sort out the graphical bugs and code. Far as I'm concerned it's yet another bloody waste of money for me :( This game is still in beta, it's no way ready for release. Cancelling sub, if they patch and improve things, especially the graphical bugs I might come back and bother spending more time on it.

What a bloody waste of money :mad:

I must say ive yet to experience any graphical bugs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, what graphical bugs are you seeing, Nehaxak?

Graphical artifacts in game.
    Game crashing on character creation screen if video settings set to anything other absolute minimum.
    Game will just freeze for no reason after a plethora of other graphical glitches on screen.

The game as it is at the moment for me anyway is unplayable and unenjoyable.

Reading their forums, I'm not alone in this, seems people with high end Nvidia cards like 285/295's are suffering the most though some also reporting problems with high end ATI cards also.

The FPS in game is terrible and it's graphically stuttering a lot along with the graphics card's fan going bloody mental at times and the temps flying up (I had speedfan monitoring).

I get so far in to the game after the hell of just trying to create a character and then it will crash in the middle of a quest after again displaying graphical artifacts on the screen.

I have the latest drivers, I've also tried beta's and it's still the same. I've no doubt the problems will be fixed but I'm just not prepared to pay a sub for the game while they get around to fixing the problems. How the hell stuff like this got past the beta I don't know, well, it seems they did know from the forums posts at least but didn't do anything about it. I'll give it a go again in a week or so and keep an eye on their forums for any updates but it all just feels unfinished and flakey, like it's still in an early beta stage.

• Advertisement

I have been going through a love hate relationship with this game . Havnt seen any graphical glitches .

Advertisement