Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Online (XBOX 360 AND PC)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't see myself keeping my subscription going in this tbh. I've barely played more then a few hours since the first few days. Maybe it was that i was never that hyped about it in the first place, but it just doesnt feel like an mmo to me. I'm not really sure what it is, its just not keeping me interested as much as i'd like. Which is a shame.

Looks like Aion is my last hope for a new MMO. At least till Mortal Online and Old Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    but it just doesnt feel like an mmo to me.

Oddly enough, that's the exact reason why I like it. It feels more like a beat-em-up, which are great for releaving stress. :)
    Looks like Aion is my last hope for a new MMO. At least till Mortal Online and Old Republic.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Mortal Online. It's fairly pants so far. And I can imagine Old Republic simply being the same as most other MMO's but being set in the Star Wars Universe, but that can only keep people playing for so long if the game adds nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I can't see myself keeping my subscription going in this tbh. I've barely played more then a few hours since the first few days. Maybe it was that i was never that hyped about it in the first place, but it just doesnt feel like an mmo to me. I'm not really sure what it is, its just not keeping me interested as much as i'd like. Which is a shame.

My sub is cancelled aswell as there is no high level content in CO atm. At 40 I have some daily repeatable Unity missions and Nemesis missions (which are on a 6 hour timer) :(

Also due to the serious lack of content even rolling alts means doing the exact same quests again which is a total joke for a modern day MMO considering the likes of WoW,EQ2 and Warhammer had multiple quests routes for leveling up an alt. CO has had the shortest development time of any of the current MMO's and it really shows.

Cant comment on Mortal Online but I hope Old Republic add's something new to the MMO mix but the constant harping about full voice acting aint doing it for me as EQ2 has a huge amount of voice acting and its just not that big a deal tbh. Earth Rise looks interesting with the whole post apocaclyse setting but its needs to be alot better than Fallen Earth which looked like something from the EQ1 era.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

humanji wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Mortal Online. It's fairly pants so far.
    Is this from your own experience or from what you've read? I realise if you are in the beta, you can't talk much about it, but i've read a fair few positive (but very vague) impressions. Its definitely a niche game, but i've always like the idea of a well designed, PvP focused game. And they certainly seem to keeping it focused, without bending over for the casual crowd.
    And I can imagine Old Republic simply being the same as most other MMO's but being set in the Star Wars Universe, but that can only keep people playing for so long if the game adds nothing new.
    As for this, i'm hoping that they can implement the story elements into the game with Bioware' usual flair. Lack of a good story in MMO's has always been a big complaint of mine, and i'd love to see them do this well.

Yeah, I'm in the Beta. It's great looking (for the most part) but doesn't really seem all that different to most other MMO's when you look past the shiny bits. But, then again, it is still in Beta so it might pick itself up.

I hope they get the stories right in Old Republic too. But I get a niggling suspicion that, since there's going to have to be so many quests that the story will be shoe-horned into fitting around "fetch" quests and the like. But sure, that's a long way off, so I can only assume that as I'm so important to the world, Bioware will read this post and decide to make it the most amazing MMO ever, just to please me. :D

Don't think I've heard of Earthrise before. I was reading over the wikipedia page and it sounds interesting. Will have to keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same problem initially. I ran the game in windowed mode and it seemed to sort the problem out.

Login to the launcher first then select options menu up the top.
    Take the checkmark off Fullscreen and click OK. Try again and see if that helped at all.

I've had the game a week now and i still haven't been able to play it. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 times. Tried all screen resolutions, Safe mode, windowed mode. The only time the game ever launched successfully was the first time before i updated my Nvidia GE 8700M GT drivers. And I am almost sure those drivers were only released on 29th August 2009. So it doesn't take a genius to figure out the game isn't compatible with the latest drivers.

The worst part of it all has been Cryptic's absolutely shockingly awful tech support. The best suggestion they had was " have you changed your screen resolution in game?" to the issue where the game won't even load up. Cancelling the sub within the next week if they don't get a fix.

Can you not roll back your drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

is there a free 10day or few hours trial available?

I don't think there's going to be a free trial for this for a good while since it's just been released, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I don't think there's going to be a free trial for this for a good while since it's just been released, I'm afraid.

thats terrible no free trial.. they coudl do one to get people addicted! lol

its either between this or Aion... what would you recommend? and not both or say its upto yourself what to get but im coming form a WoW backgorudn adn will still be playing that... but Aion looks so good and CO looks so fun!

• Advertisement

Well, I haven't played Aion. I've played a fair few fantasy MMo's, so another one doesn't float my boat. Plus I've heard it's mainly a grind to get into the main section of the game, so I just couldn't be bothered.

Advertisement