Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lead Solder

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

With recent EU directives, RoHS and the likes, I believe it's harder to get electronic stuff that contains Lead.

Is it still possible to get Lead solder in Ireland? Where could I easily get a roll of say 20 SWG standard eutectic Lead/Tin soldering wire?

I know this is more of an electronics question, but any help would be still appreciated!

Yep I've heard of lead-free solder, but I don't like using it instead. That discussion can be had for another thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If you go outside the EU, you should be able to get some no problem....

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4643

And i quote:-

"Pros: Its solder! real solder not that useless RoHS stuff. Melts at a low temperature."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I'm happy to see it's easily available!

Thanks for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Is lead based solder illegal in any way? Like if I were to repair something with it then sell it? I heard it was only legal for home use?

Sorry for resurrecting and old thread but thought it would be better then making a new one.

Advertisement