Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number Plate Lights?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

In fact your even providing ADDITIONAL Light so you should get a salutation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Gracefully taken :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I have White Leds on my number plate not ilegal they match my Hids on the Front

hp2color.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have white ones too, they look grand. blue ones are silly looking though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

kceire wrote: »
    are you for real?
    how can something that is standard in new shape Lexus, Audi, BMW and Merc cars be illegal?

the lights we are talking about are these :

img5327l.jpg

not the nean blue like bulbs that were the fashion years ago :D

here is an example of what the blue/LED/xenon licence plate bulbs look like to whats standard on older cars : blue/LED/xenon on left, older standard on right

attachment.php?attachmentid=286911&stc=1&d=1247712714

Where can I buy one of those??
    Would they be compatible with Mazda 6?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Where can I buy one of those??
    Would they be compatible with Mazda 6?

depends on the bulb type, but you should be able to pick them up from ebay or www.hidirl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

green.JPG ..I have green bulgs here..not LED's...just green festoon bulbs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

green.JPG ..I have green bulgs here..not LED's...just green festoon bulbs ;)

pretty sure they'd be illegal, the bulbs would have to be white, I definitely know for sure you cant have green bulbs/lights anywhere on a car

draffodx wrote: »
    pretty sure they'd be illegal, the bulbs would have to be white, I definitely know for sure you cant have green bulbs/lights anywhere on a car
    I know that..will replace them 5 mins. before tests ..for about 20mins, ;) ..and then back again :D ..Cant forget on blue LED in sidelights :eek::D ..gardai stoped me ones..they saw these blue LED's..didnt say notn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I know that..will replace them 5 mins. before tests ..for about 20mins, ;) ..and then back again :D ..Cant forget on blue LED in sidelights :eek::D ..gardai stoped me ones..they saw these blue LED's..didnt say notn ;)
    Well aren't you absolutely mental :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Surely the fact that they look crap would be reason enough not to put them in?
    The only cars that seem to have these are scrappers.

well..I like that..and dont care what u says..look better than classic bulbs 4 me..and thats most important.. we can do drag race if u want..than u'll see whats scrapper :D

What are you driving? Was gonna do Straightliners in Eniskillen in 2 weeks but have to go to my brother's stag :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

well..I like that..and dont care what u says..look better than classic bulbs 4 me..and thats most important.. we can do drag race if u want..than u'll see whats scrapper :D

what are ya driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

NCT Manual, page 36

http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/6480-0.pdf
    ITEM REASONS FOR FAILURE

Registration Plate Lamp

(9) Not working, faulty or not fitted.
    (10) Not white in colour.
    (11) Lens missing or broken.
    (12) Showing white light to rear.

S.I. No. 342/2006 — Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Blue and Amber Lamps) Regulations 2006:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/si/0342.html

mondeo ST200 2,5 6V ..definitely not a scrapper ;) ..well..btw..need a front bumper..where to get one?? ;) ..notn in scrappyards :(

hellboy99 wrote: »
    NCT Manual, page 36

http://www.transport.ie/upload/general/6480-0.pdf

S.I. No. 342/2006 — Road Traffic (Lighting of Vehicles) (Blue and Amber Lamps) Regulations 2006:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2006/en/si/0342.html

i knooooooow all this..as I set..averithing gonna be alrite for NCT :D

mondeo ST200 2,5 6V ..definitely not a scrapper ;) ..well..btw..need a front bumper..where to get one?? ;) ..notn in scrappyards :(

That'd be an interesting drag alright. my car also has 200PS but I'm guessing it's lighter.

i'd say you'd have to go to the UK for one, between people speccing up their regular Mondeos and the fact that they're so delicate, you'll have a fair job finding one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

6v??

200ps...I can't imagine it would give supercar performance in a Mondeao? Pleanty of go alright, but I reckon Colm's car would take it!!

The green isn't my taste tbh, it just looks out of place or something

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shaney-baby

i have green ones in my number plate and headlights i asked a guard about it he said as long as there no stupidlity bright you will be ok depends really if you get a bad or good garda :)

• Advertisement

i have green ones in my number plate and headlights i asked a guard about it he said as long as there no stupidlity bright you will be ok depends really if you get a bad or good garda :)
    exactly ;)

Advertisement