Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGarrigles

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

It was closed today. Strange.
    People are saying is has closed down yet noone knows why.
    Anyone any the brighter here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

A bit odd alright. Cool place I gotta say. In Sligo now for uni and spent a lot of time there in my first year. Maybe they are doing the upstairs for a band to perform.

It's the summer.....Sligo should be buzzing now!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I would defo have doubts on them doing up upstairs for a band.

Sligo buzzing???... i swear i don't think i've ever seen Sligo with that music festival fun summer feel.... but i think Coney fest is on this weekend.

:D:D

Well I'm a Dub banished to the West.

Every other county is having summer festivals. The jazz fest was on here last week. Didn't hear much about it tho!!!

DenMan wrote: »
    :D:D

Well I'm a Dub banished to the West.

Every other county is having summer festivals. The jazz fest was on here last week. Didn't hear much about it tho!!!

There ain't nothing wrong with been banished to the west... it's all good. Beats a smelly Dublin any day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hope it is not closed, like a drink in there with pals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I always liked the place - always busy enough, but never packed & the music was usually good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭donegal lass 4

heard it closed due to problems with the Revenue and tax department

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The staff member who turned up for her shift yesterday moring was told not to bother opening by the owner. My guess is the bank pulled the plug.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ouch! that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

This is a shame if true :( was just getting back into going there after a few years , really enjoyed their imported beers menu

• Advertisement

I spent most of my 17-21 years of age in there. Lots of good memories :)

We don't know for certain it's closing down. Let's be optimistic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

It is gone all right at least under current management, and it was the revenue that intervened, as somebody else said earlier, the Sheriff moved in and siezed everything.

DenMan wrote: »
    We don't know for certain it's closing down. Let's be optimistic here.

I don't agree I think we should:

PANIC!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

It is gone all right at least under current management, and it was the revenue that intervened, as somebody else said earlier, the Sheriff moved in and siezed everything.

Oh no, thats awful news!
    I hope they get something sorted, I love that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Do not f**k with the Tax Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Pubs are notorious easy marks for the auditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yeah its bloody lousy eh. Will have feck all choice now when it comes to drinkin about the town esp if you dont wanna go to a shoe and shirt wearing establishment!!

grrrr

Well my friend works in Hargadon's so I'll be in there. Still haven't made it in yet, but I'm working on it.

Hopefully McGarrigles will have new owners and be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lunasa_lady

Try shoot the Crows! Brill place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Spent many, many drunken nights/evenings/afternoons in McGarrigles over the years. Don't get out anymore so only in once or twice under the new management. Shame if it's gone. Too many "super" pubs with loud chart music, ignorant bar staff and no atmoshere. If I wanted that, I'd go to a nightclub:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

I'm amazed that nobody has commented about the management and staff at this place. The most unfriendly I've ever witnessed in any Irish pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Jabby wrote: »
    I'm amazed that nobody has commented about the management and staff at this place. The most unfriendly I've ever witnessed in any Irish pub.

I have no real experience of the place in the last few years. Used to be a very laid back place when I frequented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barr toco

passed by mggarrigles today, it was open, someone must ave taken it on again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

barr toco wrote: »
    passed by mggarrigles today, it was open, someone must ave taken it on again:)

what time was this at, noticed they had been fitting it out the last week or so, didn't see any activity today though

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

Do not f**k with the Tax Man.

better not **** with me in that case..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

*snip*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

mink_man wrote: »
    *snip*

Who's the moderator around here?:confused: If I was the owner I wouldn't like to be reading this about myself

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Believe the new owner is a very excellent publican lady who also operates Cahaneys on mail coach rd. Best of luck to her and seasons greetings to all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Believe the new owner is a very excellent publican lady who also operates Cahaneys on mail coach rd. Best of luck to her and seasons greetings to all.

It's her son who's running it. I'm sure he's be less than impressed to read the comment above which is slanderous in the extreme

Advertisement