Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Books Query

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Ok i know this may seem like a really stupid question but i was looking into getting some of those nutshells books for differnt topics in law because i want to learn more and they are not that expensive....but i presume that there are different nutshells books for Ireland and England because i was lookin on a few different websites that sell the books and some have different authors for nutshells books for the same subject. say criminal law nutshells is done by Nichoileain Cecilli and another done by Paul Dobson. Now its fine if it is but if finiding it hard to figure out the authors of the Irish ones clearly this one is easy to tell the difference but its hard because im looking for 9 different ones. Does anyone know of a site that does all the Irish ones that would make it alot easier?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

English nutshells can be problematic. Nutshells in general are ok for broad assessments of topics, nothing more. Pay heed.

Thomson Roundhall do the Irish ones.http://www.roundhall.ie/performGeneralCatalogueSearch.do;jsessionid=7B70EDF9E449243B11FDA5A19DC857DB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

actually thats great thanks i realised my problem initally when i searched for them i only got a few of them up because i had only selected roundhall as the publishers but when i select all i get the rest of them i couldnt find on it, if i had brains id b dangerous! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Tom Young wrote: »
    English nutshells can be problematic. Nutshells in general are ok for broad assessments of topics, nothing more. Pay heed.

Thomson Roundhall do the Irish ones.http://www.roundhall.ie/performGeneralCatalogueSearch.do;jsessionid=7B70EDF9E449243B11FDA5A19DC857DB

Can't knock some of those nutshells, the employment nutshell was actually more useful than the textbook I got this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

good to know cause we are doing a bit of employement in semptember and well nobody does really b arsed buying the books just get them from the library cos they are fairly expensive and the library only has about 5 copies of the books so you wouldnt want to risk it so i figured something like that would be handy because i would have something at least and the arn't that expensive!

Advertisement