Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a Coillte Commercial License

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Been doing some research and before I e-mail Coillte I'd like to ask about Airsoft and Coillte so as I don't come across completely stupid! :)

My team and I are thinking of organising an Airsoft site in Tipperary. Any info we seem to come across states that a commercial license and fee is required. Does anyone know how much it costs, and who else we would need permisson from? We assume local gardai would have to be notified but do we need their permission or just to tell them? All members of our team have IAA cards and we're hoping to have two of our members trained as First Aiders (Order of Malta standard).

Any advice/info you guys and girls can provide would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

A commercial license is not required if it's set up as a club (Club Constitution required).
    Fee's can differ from county to county, but you should expect to pay a minimum of 400€ - 1,000€ per acre excluding VAT @ 13.5%.

Insurance will be rquired as standard & proof of same must be provided.

Someone will have to sign the contract for the land, therefore being legally obliged for same.

Regarding Garda permission, you cannot seek same till you negotiate an area with Coilte that suits both your & their needs.

Check out the IAA website also, they can guide you through some of the process. ;)www.iriahairsoft.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Afaik, the IAA has a club constitution created for people to easily setup a club that you can use as a template. They also have contacts in Coilte and can get you off on the right foot with correct procedures etc..

visit them: www.irishairsoft.ie
    email them: info@irishairsoft.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Send a PM to mad ozzie , he's been there and done that (gone through the whole coillte thing)

He will certainly know what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

South East Airsofters Club in based on Coillte land. They are very approachable.
    Our rules stipulate a club constitution, insurance and bio bbs only.

Hop over to our forum and chat to the guys who have done and workings and know the contacts within our area.

Tell them i sent ya. They will help you out also.
    In terms of first aiders, you should have 1 onsite for every skirmish so you would get all your marshalls trained in basic first aid.

The IAA guys will help you out too,

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Stone cold on here has been through this too, pm him.
    Loads of help on here for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement