Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor to UFC on Friday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Yea just read that there, you're right not to get your hopes up just yet, its never been straight forward between Fedor and the UFC, if its true Fedor v Lesnar is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee be true!!!
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
    PLEASE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hellsing

Until I see Fedor in the octagon I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been hearing these same stories for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would gladly do my happy dance if I was to see him destroy Brock Lesnar

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When fedor fought Nogueira the first time, and it was rules a no contest because of a heabutt, who head butted who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mellor wrote: »
    When fedor fought Nogueira the first time, and it was rules a no contest because of a heabutt, who head butted who?

Fedor was at fault see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhXfR4Ep4c

If we want to be correct about it, it was actually his 2nd of 3 fights with Nog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Mellor wrote: »

Nog headbutted fedor and cut him.

Now stay on topic please :eek:

Just saw that video,,looks just like an unfortunate clash of heads..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Isn't that the site that reported the Kimo " death ".

Wouldn't be getting over excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Fedor has a press conference today, no reason given, I wouldnt expect him to be talking publicly 2 days before the UFC were going to announce signing him. So I am remaining sceptical, but still hopeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I do hope its true but I'd like to see him have a warm up fight before brock

Just to get the feel for the cage.

I think Brock is a bigger threat than most people give him credit for.

• Advertisement

no warm up! straight for the jugular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Jason Mc wrote: »
    I think Brock is a bigger threat than most people give him credit for.

+ 10000000

It will be wierd when Lesnar beats Fedor and then Tim Silvia beats Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Killme00 wrote: »
    + 10000000

Most dreams are weird alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

+ 10000000

Tim Sylvia wouldn't stand a chance against Brock Lesnar. It would be more one sided than Lesnar/Herring.

Tim Sylvia wouldn't stand a chance against Brock Lesnar. It would be more one sided than Lesnar/Herring.

What makes you say that? Sylvia is huge and very tough to take down, has a longer reach and could easily outpoint Lesnar over three or five rounds imo. I am not taking anything from Lesnar because i actually believe he could beat Fedor, i just think Sylvia is built to beat him in terms of style.

What makes you say that? Sylvia is huge and very tough to take down, has a longer reach and could easily outpoint Lesnar over three or five rounds imo. I am not taking anything from Lesnar because i actually believe he could beat Fedor, i just think Sylvia is built to beat him in terms of style.
    Well Fedor beat him in 36 secons and he got beat quicker than than in his last fight I do believe by Ray mercier IIRC, Before that fight he lost to randy....

Well Fedor beat him in 36 secons and he got beat quicker than than in his last fight I do believe by Ray mercier IIRC, Before that fight he lost to randy....

Yes, he has lost four of his last five (three of those against top class guys). How does that add up to Lesnar beating him?

My original point was that it will be amazing when Lesnar beats Fedor and then loses to Sylvia, it kin of a style merrigoround, unless Fedor beats Lesnar!

Yes, he has lost four of his last five (three of those against top class guys). How does that add up to Lesnar beating him?

My original point was that it will be amazing when Lesnar beats Fedor and then loses to Sylvia, it kin of a style merrigoround, unless Fedor beats Lesnar!
    Well if we go on passed performance... Brock looks better, beating Randy.
    I see what your saying but your presuming Brock will beat Fedor, then your presuming Sylvia will get back in the ufc and Beat brock... i dont ever see that happening tbh

Alot of mma math here. I actually thought tim would have a pretty good shot against brock before the mercer fight. Now im not so sure..

Sylvia's not that hard to take down. Randy took him down repeatedly, Nog took him down and so did Jeff Monson. A wrestler the quality of Lesnar would have no problems getting Big Tim to the mat.
    It's certainly conceivable that Sylvia could outpoint Lesnar but he has a terrible habit of getting caught with big strikes early in the fight, as evidenced by the first two Arlovski fights, the Randy fight and even his fight with Cabbage back in the day. If Brock lands clean early on then Sylvia will be out. Brock has that kind of power.

• Advertisement

Hellsing wrote: »
    Sylvia's not that hard to take down. Randy took him down repeatedly, Nog took him down and so did Jeff Monson. A wrestler the quality of Lesnar would have no problems getting Big Tim to the mat.
    It's certainly conceivable that Sylvia could outpoint Lesnar but he has a terrible habit of getting caught with big strikes early in the fight, as evidenced by the first two Arlovski fights, the Randy fight and even his fight with Cabbage back in the day. If Brock lands clean early on then Sylvia will be out. Brock has that kind of power.
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with this, I have yet to see Brock knock anybody out.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this, I have yet to see Brock knock anybody out.
    He almost put Randy out with a punch that barely landed. That would suggest big power

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

He almost put Randy out with a punch that barely landed. That would suggest big power

That landed behind his ear though IIRC. Not taking anything away from the win, and I've never taken a punch in my life but I'd say that is a bad place to take a shot.

As it stands Brock has not KO'd anyone cleanly as of yet.

He's landed bigger and cleaner punches and has yet to knock anybody out. That would suggest a lack of KO power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I tell u what. Anyone who walks onto brocks punch is gonna be in trouble

It just depends on his timing and ability to land a clean shot

IMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pure KO power in a punch isn't as important in MMA as it is in boxing.

In three of his four UFC fights, Brock has knocked his opponents to the ground with a single punch and then gained control on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

Anyone thought of what happens, if?
    If, Fedor signs with UFC under whatever conditions and fights Brock which Dana says he would do first - but loses? (which would make Dana's year)
    Who would Fedor fight next? or would it be a re-match most probably?
    No matter who wins, will it be a re-match situation do yez think?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,820 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say maybe Mir as he was going on about fighting Fedor.

Would be so class to see Fedor KO Lesnar. If Fedor is signed to UFC, Dana White will start shi**ing money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

All tim is doing lately is getting knocked the fook out, ray mercer ko'd him in 20 secs....Brock would hand him his ass on a plate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Every single fighter who's fought Brock has commentated on the power in his hands.
    But I'm sure ye know lots more than the guys who've felt the punches.

He doesn't have great technique (yet) but he most certainly has amazing power.
    It's the weight mixed with the strenght and speed.
    He has all three, and in abundance.

As for Sylvia Brock would take him down with ease.
    I can't see him dominating him, but he would win easily IMO.

Advertisement