Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedor to UFC on Friday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Brocks biggest weaknesses are his submission defence and, even more so, his composure in big matches. I really dont think Brock has the self belief that Fedor has. He has shown signs to me that he is vulnerable under pressure.
    Does that childish outburst after the Mir fight make him look like a man who believes in himself?
    Fedor will remain confident and composed from the first bell and stop Brock in 1rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Balls...

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/29/fedor-emelianenko-inks-deal-with-ea-sports-negotiations-with-ufc-still-ongoi/

“Weak Sauce”

This is bad news.
    The EA Sports thing will be seen as a slap in the face to the UFC
    but more importantly…
    The duel-promotion thing will simply NEVER FLY with the UFC. EVER.
    This douchebag thinks HE’S “worked too hard” to build up M1-Global?!!
    Multiply that by a billion and you are where the UFC feel they are right now.
    Sad news. IMHO if Fedor doesn’t break his ties with M1 we will never see him fight in the UFC. End of story:(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Fedor will haver to go to UFc now, there's no money anywhere else now.

Also, why the **** are people harping on about Tim Sylvia.

He's finished. He's been brutally KOed in every bout lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

He's landed bigger and cleaner punches and has yet to knock anybody out. That would suggest a lack of KO power
    thats absolute nonsence. Brock has crazy power. In 3 of his 5 fights he's knocked his opponents down, Give him some time n im sure ull see a few 1 punch knockouts.

Fedor and page have crazy knockout power too but not a huge amount of kos on their record.

Looks like Fedor wont be going to the ufc after all anyway. What is that ficklstein guy thinking? Its absurd n totally unrealistic to expect the ufc to promote their nothing organization. Hoepfully its just a negotiation ploy.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

In an attempt to lighten the mood re this topic I came across this, frankly hilarious, video. Very funny and yet very accurate methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3xIqksOgww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I find them videos hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

calex71 wrote: »
    Fedor was at fault see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdhXfR4Ep4c
    Can't get the video here, but thanks.
    If we want to be correct about it, it was actually his 2nd of 3 fights with Nog :D
    Correct is always best.
    Nog headbutted fedor and cut him.

Now stay on topic please :eek:
    Calex said it was Fedor, you say nog???
    Who was it?

And I fail to see how discussing Fedors record isn't on topic?
    When talking of Fedors potential in the UFC, sure his 30-1-1 record is important. The figures alone are damn impressive, more so when you consider the fact that his only lose was to an illegal blow that the ref missed (wouldn't of happened in the UFC :D)
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with this, I have yet to see Brock knock anybody out.
    To be fair, look at who he has fought. With the exception of his first fight. All his opponents have rarely been knocked out. And it was mostly to multiple strikes,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Mellor wrote: »
    The figures alone are damn impressive, more so when you consider the fact that his only lose was to an illegal blow that the ref missed (wouldn't of happened in the UFC :D)

Tell that to Matt Hughes (Trigg), Anthony Johnson (Burns), Mustapha Al Turk (Cro Cop) etc...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To be fair ;), Hughes won the fight anyway, Johnson faked the loss so that he could come back with that head kick in the rematch, and Turk was screwed anyway :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mma.roster.072909-580px.jpg

He's the face of the new MMA game from EA.

Dana said he wouldn't sign anyone who was associated with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Maynard wrote: »
    This is bad news.
    The EA Sports thing will be seen as a slap in the face to the UFC
    but more importantly…

Randy Couture is signed up with EA too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Dana said that he would cut any fighters that signed up for it. Randy is different as one of the few fighters that own his own image rights.

Following on from the Fedor conference, it seems very likely that Fedor will be in the UFC unless he decides to ditch M-1 Global. Expecting an announcement on Friday in relation to a tv deal with ESPN-uk or something equally disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunkamania wrote: »
    or something equally disappointing

As is the norm these days when dana says that there is a BIGGGGGGGGGGG announcement :mad:

What was it the last time he said there was a big announcement? cant have been that good as i cant remember :confused:

According to Carmichael Dave UFC offered the following to Fedor, and was turned down

-The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract.

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

According to Carmichael Dave UFC offered the following to Fedor, and was turned down

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote

Where did you see that dude? If it's true then we can hardly blame UFC if he doesn't sign. They've conceeded a lot there to entice him if it's true.

30 million for 6 fights? Can't imagine that's true.

Carmichael Dave posted it on Sherdog, I saw it on Bloody Elbow.

Its unconfirmed, so treat it for what its worth.

30m for 6 fights for Fedor is reasonable, I even think there could be some PPV incentives on top of it. Lesnar vs Fedor would likely be the biggest PPV to date for the UFC, easily recouping the 30 million they would pay to Fedor over all 6 fights.

If the details are true, I would say that the UFC are being more than fair, altohugh no details on image rights etc.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/29/968573/report-what-the-ufc-offered-fedor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

After all this time poor Dana was a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Just as a side note.
    Oe of the best fedor HL's ive seen. Has footage from his early sambo days too.
    http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_The_Never_Ending_Story_Of_Fedor_Emelianenko?vid=10004202&tid=100

If Fedor doesn't accept that offer he can **** right off.

What more leeway does he want?

One would think he's running scared from Lesnar at this point.
    He knows his reuptation that he spent years building could be taken from him in one fight.

• Advertisement

Apparently the offer was broadly correct, but left out some details.

The $30m was conditonal on PPV targets, and on Fedor winning all the fights.
    Still $2-3m per fight. Still a good deal

Looks like UFC are trying to manipulate the media to put pressure on Fedor.

http://sherdog.com/news/news/m-1-fedor-not-offered-30-million-18816

Strikeforce have apparently offered 500k plus 500k from CBS for each of 6 fights, with co-promotion with M-1

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nice update from Liddells twitter and I quote:

"Fedor is fcuking scared.Anyone see his face during the conference?"

:rolleyes: His face looked pretty calm as usual to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Fedor only has one facial expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Fedor only has one facial expression.

fedoremelianenkoterminator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Strikeforce have apparently offered 500k plus 500k from CBS for each of 6 fights, with co-promotion with M-1

In fairness there's still potential for some good fights for fedor in strikeforce: Overeem, Werdum (I know he's on the way down but still top class fighter), maybe even Babal steppin up. Mousassi also said he would like to fight Fedor IIRC (There's a cool video of them training on youtube).

Still though I would love to have seen him in UFC. If only for the reason it would be nice to see him fight live on my tv instead of the next day on the net.. :(

Nice update from Liddells twitter and I quote:

"Fedor is fcuking scared.Anyone see his face during the conference?"

:rolleyes: His face looked pretty calm as usual to me

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/chuck-liddell-identity-theft-twitter-prison-10-000-a-1024344/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

And you're sure that that's not M-1 manipulating the media?

I don't think the money matters at this stage. It's not a question of $2 million or $5 million per fight. The fact is that M-1 don't want to give up control of Fedor, their only asset that can make them big money

I'm surprised that Strikeforce would get involved at all. Fedor on his own isn't going to make them that money back. The UFC's promotional machine would help them to get a lot more out of him than Strikeforce, and anyway, they can afford to take a loss. Strikeforce can't really, and they've always operated like that

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jayteecork wrote: »

Ah I stand corrected.Thanks :)

Still wouldnt be surprised though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yeah Chuck has said a few times in interviews that he doesn't know what twitter is and that he doesn't really use the internet.

Fedor supposedly has another 3/4 fights in his M1 contract. Seriously M1 are nothing how he even associates with them is crazy. Yeah they are meant to be friends of his that may be an excuse or he might want to keep the 'aura' that people believe Fedor has.

The more fights he wins the more pressure is going to be on him and he may not want to lose that. Even his biggest fans are going to have to question his decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah Chuck has said a few times in interviews that he doesn't know what twitter is and that he doesn't really use the internet.

Fedor supposedly has another 3/4 fights in his M1 contract. Seriously M1 are nothing how he even associates with them is crazy. Yeah they are meant to be friends of his that may be an excuse or he might want to keep the 'aura' that people believe Fedor has.

The more fights he wins the more pressure is going to be on him and he may not want to lose that. Even his biggest fans are going to have to question his decisions.

Fedor is M1 and not just as a commodity, he is a major stake holder in it from what i'm aware of.

Advertisement