Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some men are such wusses

Options
  • 29-07-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

i just plucked 3 stray hairs from my boyfriends eyebrows and he practically screamed the apt down. he stopped me from doing anymore cos it was to painful, MEN!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

women :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

blondie7 wrote: »
    i just plucked 3 stray hairs from my boyfriends eyebrows and he practically screamed the apt down. he stopped me from doing anymore cos it was to painful, MEN!!

And yet men expect us to be practically hairless all the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

RHunce wrote: »
    women :rolleyes:

+1. Leave our manhair be.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

he asked me to do it!

[quote=MyStubble
    tches;61357287]+1. Leave our manhair be.[/quote]

Nobody likes a monobrow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Nobody likes a monobrow :pac:

It was 3 stray hairs, not a monobrow. Nothing a bit of spit wouldn't sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yep he sounds like a real man :P

tell him to grow a pair, I pluck my nostril hair :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I remember volunteering to have my chest/stomach waxed before.
    Now that was painful :D (think 40 year old virgin but I managed to finish it hehe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well he is just one man, not them all.
    Well a lot of women expect women to be hairless all the time too - all these standards women feel pressured into maintaining: it's hardly fair to blame them all on men.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I really liked my girlfriend doing this for me. :o
    We have recently uh, anyway, she won't be doing it anymore. I guess I'm getting a unibrow now!

Also, it hurts more when somebody else does it OP, poor little guy. :-p

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Well he is just one man, not them all.

Well a lot of women expect women to be hairless all the time too - all these standards women feel pressured into maintaining: it's hardly fair to blame them all on men.

I don't know - my boyfriend is on at me alot about being hairless everywhere. Maybe it's just him. Are other people's boyfriends more understanding? Like he'd really hate it if my legs weren't shaved and he'd make sure he'd point it out to me.:( we live together by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

My sister plucks my eyebrows every once in a while cos if she didn't, I'd be headed not towards Uni-Brow City but certainly towards Ah Here, That's Not Very Attractive Town. Just rub a bita savlon on the skin before the plucking and it doesn't hurt at all at all.

I don't know - my boyfriend is on at me alot about being hairless everywhere. Maybe it's just him. Are other people's boyfriends more understanding? Like he'd really hate it if my legs weren't shaved and he'd make sure he'd point it out to me.:( we live together by the way.

I don't mind a bita stubbly legs. Not that I like it but like, who am I to tell a girl what to do with her legs? My ex would never let me touch her legs if she had the slightest bita hair-growth on them, which was weird cos I couldn't have cared less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

im a man and i have 2 tattoos and i would rather get another 2 tattoos than let anyone pluck my eyebrows it is so sore and annoying. haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Oh yeah, you think you know pain? Well you women should give childbirth a try!

Oh wait... :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh yeah, you think you know pain? Well you women should give childbirth a try!

Oh wait... :confused:

They should give listening to nagging a try. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Conditioning - it's come to be the norm; hair on the female body (small bit at the crotch aside) has come to be considered highly unappealing visually, thanks to our culture. And I'm not saying I rebel against it or anything either. I get de-hairing as early as possible - even a tiny bit of hair makes me feel really self-conscious.
    But generally speaking, I don't have time for women complaining about it when they keep doing it anyway.

Conditioning - it's come to be the norm; hair on the female body (small bit at the crotch aside) has come to be considered highly unappealing visually, thanks to our culture. And I'm not saying I rebel against it or anything either. I get de-hairing as early as possible - even a tiny bit of hair makes me feel really self-conscious.
    But generally speaking, I don't have time for women complaining about it when they keep doing it anyway.

Well that's not me anyway.

I don't shave my legs or underarms.

What I was saying, is he is constantly on at me about it. He'll never let me just be. He'll constantly say 'would you not shave your legs' etc, and I'm like 'no, if you want me to shave my legs, why don't you shave yours then?'.....still doesn't shut him up tho, ah well I'm happy being hairy so he can lump it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No we don't, totally hairless would be weird.

Women should Ideally have hair in 3 places.

Head, Eye-brows and bajingo.

I don't mind how long head hair is, Eye-brows should never be a Unibrow and Bajingo, keep it however, just not too eh....hairy, it's unhygenic.

As Regards getting eye-brows plucked, never tried it never will, I do shave the middle bit though if I decide to have a shave one day(I rarely shave just outta pure laziness). There is nothing there, but I shave it anyway, just to be sure.

So I think that's a nice compromise, ye keep hair where it counts, but ye leave us alone with ye're Guantanamo Bay torture kits.

No we don't, totally hairless would be weird.

Women should Ideally have hair in 3 places.

Head, Eye-brows and bajingo.

I don't mind how long head hair is, Eye-brows should never be a Unibrow and Bajingo, keep it however, just not too eh....hairy, it's unhygenic.

As Regards getting eye-brows plucked, never tried it never will, I do shave the middle bit though if I decide to have a shave one day(I rarely shave just outta pure laziness). There is nothing there, but I shave it anyway, just to be sure.

So I think that's a nice compromise, ye keep hair where it counts, but ye leave us alone with ye're Guantanamo Bay torture kits.

Head,eyebrows and bajingo :rolleyes:

That is practically hairless.

Why should we have to get rid of leg hair, armpit hair when men don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

You don't HAVE to do anything. Go on away and be hairy if you like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Head,eyebrows and bajingo :rolleyes:

That is practically hairless.

Why should we have to get rid of leg hair, armpit hair when men don't?

Who's making ye?

Personally I hate a totally hairless crotch on a woman, because it doesn't look like a woman, I prefer just a little at least.

Remember, noone will force you to be hairless, unless your OH gives you an ultimatum of Him or the Hair, I doubt he would though.:)

Kersmash wrote: »
    You don't HAVE to do anything. Go on away and be hairy if you like!

I was replying to minidazzler who said women should only hair in three places! head eyebrows and 'bajingo' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

if my legs weren't shaved and he'd make sure he'd point it out to me.:( we live together by the way.

Cheeky bollix tbh. Point out the next time he skips shaving his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Well that's not me anyway.

I don't shave my legs or underarms.

What I was saying, is he is constantly on at me about it. He'll never let me just be. He'll constantly say 'would you not shave your legs' etc, and I'm like 'no, if you want me to shave my legs, why don't you shave yours then?'.....still doesn't shut him up tho, ah well I'm happy being hairy so he can lump it!
    if my legs weren't shaved and he'd make sure he'd point it out to me. we live together by the way.

so which is it, do you shave sometimes or never? sorry just a little confused.

i hate guys touching or seeing my legs if there's hair on them. never had a fella refuse to touch them or demand i get outa bed to shave them but they sure get touched a whole lot more after i shave them. my skin is too delicate for me to shave even every few days :( thinking of getting them lasered. personally i love the feel of smooth legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I feel the same! I'd never let a guy near me if I hadn't shaved my legs, because I'd find it embarrassing. When I'm with someone, I like to be looking my best.

I know that the rules slacken slightly, or tend to, if you get into a relationship. But I'm not sure I'd ... be comfortable with that, entirely! I like my men to believe the illusion that I'm pefect! ;)

Khannie wrote: »
    Cheeky bollix tbh. Point out the next time he skips shaving his face.

Ye my girlfriend did that to me all the time. I like stubble. :(

Anyway, not much to ask so I shaved when I didn't want, not too hard to keep the other person happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

That just means you boyfriend is a pussy.

I regularly run large balls of duct tape all over my genitals i'm that hard.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I remember volunteering to have my chest/stomach waxed before.
    Now that was painful :D (think 40 year old virgin but I managed to finish it hehe)

Waxing the chest and back is a doddle, not a hint of pain. You are a wuss. Not in fairness I would say the old sack and crack could hurt...

Eye brow plucking? Meh who ever said that hurts.

Tatoo's? The one I got I didnt feel a thing (top of the arm about the size of a hand).

Starting to wonder if I just have the pain threshold of a woman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I did this to a guy I was seeing before. We were lying down, watching TV and I noticed this stray hair... I leant over and yanked it out with my fingers. He SCREAMED "whatthef*ckiyahhhdointomewoman?" at me. A normally mild-mannered man turned into a wild beast! That experience alone has warded me off trying to rid a man of his hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

men are such wusses i just plucked 3 stray hairs from my boyfriends eyebrows and he practically screamed the apt down. he stopped me from doing anymore cos it was to painful, MEN!!

I think you're confusing your boyfriend with other (read: real) men :P

Advertisement